rims in the winter

should i put on my new wheels right now (winter)?

• yes, they'll be fine

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • no, they'll be damaged by snow/salt

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
It has been 20's low 30's here for the past month or so..used to it now..i drive with my windows down..so below 20s can't be too bad haha...

xluben

Reaction score
ryan s said:
if it snows youll be sol. in some places snow has drifted and covered the road.

what do you mean? why is a snow drift going to ruin my wheels?

00Accord4cyl said:
It has been 20's low 30's here for the past month or so..used to it now..i drive with my windows down..so below 20s can't be too bad haha...

i think it was close to 4 full days below 0 :eek: one morning when i left for campus it was -17F!

but the 0-20 range isn't too bad, as long as it's sunny and not windy.

i might just put them on and then make sure i go through the carwash every week or after it snows.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i didnt say the snow would ruin your rims, but theyre considered "summer" tires for a reason...

Sinful

Reaction score
cg6boi said:
awww living in sunny california, no snow and no salt on road...awww feel bad for you guys

thats like the only thing i like about cali lol

shrk352

Reaction score
Leave the stocks on for winter, not cause the snow might mess with your rims but because low profile tires suck on snow, they act like sleds and will slide on top of the snow., where the stock ones are more like Ice skates cause theyre thinner. Your handeling will be much better off with the stocks on.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
not only will they be damged by the salt on the road but they will make traction horrible unless you buy some bad *** snow tires and even then I could'nt see them getting better traction than your stock tires

wider wheels will make you float on the snow and loose control

i take my rims off every season before the first snow hits and you should too

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
98AV6205HP said:
Meh idk I have been washing my car once a week. And then temps have been in the 20's. Just gotta be quick to dry it so the water dosnt freeze. Thats one thing that does not affect me when it comes to my car...weather. Ill wash my car in any temps lol. Just got to be prepared for it.

Anyways go ahead and put the rims on. Snow wont do any damage to them, just the salt. But if its the first winter there on then who cares. If the rims ur getting are going to get effed up by one winter then you should have never bought them ;) . So yeah you can go ahead and put them on. Plus where already half way through winter so not much more to go. :D

I'm with ya on that one, I put a coat of polish on my car yesterday and it was like 20 out.

xluben

Reaction score
i just found a self service car wash about 10 min from home!

there was one near where my parents live, but i haven't been able to find one near my new apartment.

it's only $1 and 50 cents on tuesday!!!!

i think i'll be getting plenty of car washes now :)

Back