Road Trip Accord

The Wicked One

Reaction score
me and my buddy just drove from rochester NY to rochester minnesota. new york, pennsylvania, ohio, indiana, illinois, wisconsin, minnesota. about 41 hours total, left thursday night returned monday morning at 8am.

never. ****ing. again

I feel you there. Except, odds are i will do it again sometime down the road. I already went from California to Florida and back and even that failed to kill the road trip/travel bug.

What did those crazy Texans do to your car!!!!!

:lawl:

Not much tape for such a long trip.

Have you seen what those guys who attend CanAm from MD/VA/NY do to their cars with some painter's tape!

:coffee:

I was more inspired by a thread i saw a while back about an Audi S4 being driven across country that was covered head to toe in painters tape. Then over the course of the trip it acquired various art works and slogans.

Wow that’s one long trip. Glad the car didn’t break down along the way, lol.

Not one problem along the way. Apart from being uncomfortable to sleep in over night.

Wow great MPG. Ill be making the trip from TX to TN real soon and then trec up to CanAM woot. 30 mpg sounds impossible haha. I wonder if the tape will stick to my car. Lol actually I guess I wouldn't need it bc my cars finish

Technically i averaged 29.70 mpg. with my best stint being 31.46 mpg. Cruise controlled between 70 and 80 mph for like 90% of the 4000 mile trip.

I have wondered for a while now why more vehicles aren't rhino lined. Especially off road vehicles.

why didn't u put the tape where it mattered most? :thinking:

Originally when i was putting the tape on it was solely to be a canvas for artworks and slogans later on. And then the rains came so i stopped at what you see in the pictures. I intended to apply tape to the front bumper to protect if from the usual suspects after the rains stopped but it just never happened.

And luckily there appears to be very few new rock chips in the bumper after all those miles. My only project now is to clean out all the dead bug's from the radiator.

The Wicked One

Reaction score
Yeah... I meant to, but it just never happened. Between the rain, and just being busy in general i never made time for it, even if it would have only take 10 minutes to tape it up proper.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
y u no call meee?

also, we made the trip from abilene tx to portland oregon in just over 32 hours. that was in a civic. pretty fun stuff. but never again.

The Wicked One

Reaction score
Damn. That is where we went in Texas. Abilene. And then from there to Sacramento California. You must have driven straight through, since google maps put my drive at 25 hours.

We did visit Dallas too. We watched the Stars play the Coyotes. Free Hockey tickets for the win. free parking too.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
aaaah man we could of hung out! oh well. maybe ill drive to where your at one day lol

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
aaaah man we could of hung out! oh well. maybe ill drive to where your at one day lol

We could have all gotten together for some food and photos!

Hey wth Kyle we need to chill again man. Always good to hangout with you and those guys.

The Wicked One

Reaction score
I'll probably be back in Texas in November for the Formula 1 race at Austin Texas. I'm not sure if I am up for another drive out there though. Will likely just fly.

Back