RR's '99 coupe EX-L

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: RedRyder's '99 EXV6 Coupe **UPDATED 11/01/09 NEW PICS** (no 56k, sorry)

The snap ring is a great option, the problem is, I do need to have the ability to raise and lower the car with less hassle than just moving the snap ring. The Sportlines provide a great drop, although I would like it to sit a little lower all around without tucking. I heard the Neuspeed springs have an even more aggressive drop as well, if that is a consideration for you.

The rear currently sits about a finger lower (I am sure there is a pic around somewhere) because of the weight of the audio in the trunk, so if I raised the rear up, it would probably sit even with the front.

The Ground Control coilover sleeves, are just that, but they are actually made to go with the Yellows and a variety of other shocks out there, so it probably is one of the better coilover sleeve/shock combo's out there. You can also change the springs out in order to get upgraded springs as well.

The wife is not currently pleased with the bumpiness of the ride, so I am thinking I will at least adjust the settings of the shocks and see how that goes, and then look in to the coilover/coilover sleeve option.

All this of course would be AFTER the tranny gets replaced..........:sad:

Mikey

Reaction score

I can't even spare $500, lol. Well, i can but id rather buy an exhaust and tires for my 17s, lol.

Just for ****s'n'giggles, how many miles would you say you have on them? Nothing says loving like new springs but a good deal is a good deal.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

The snap ring is a great option, the problem is, I do need to have the ability to raise and lower the car with less hassle than just moving the snap ring. The Sportlines provide a great drop, although I would like it to sit a little lower all around without tucking. I heard the Neuspeed springs have an even more aggressive drop as well, if that is a consideration for you.

The rear currently sits about a finger lower (I am sure there is a pic around somewhere) because of the weight of the audio in the trunk, so if I raised the rear up, it would probably sit even with the front.

The Ground Control coilover sleeves, are just that, but they are actually made to go with the Yellows and a variety of other shocks out there, so it probably is one of the better coilover sleeve/shock combo's out there. You can also change the springs out in order to get upgraded springs as well.

The wife is not currently pleased with the bumpiness of the ride, so I am thinking I will at least adjust the settings of the shocks and see how that goes, and then look in to the coilover/coilover sleeve option.

All this of course would be AFTER the tranny gets replaced..........:sad:

I've heard good things about the Neuspeeds, but I already have the Sportlines (going on this weekend). I have never moved the snap rings due to liking the way it was set up by the shop way back when. But this time around I think I'll mess with it a little. Maybe it's more inconvenient/difficult than what I'm thinking.

The GC's sound cool, but since they are in fact coilover sleeves, don't they give a much firmer ride than a spring by itself? Or are sleeves somewhere between spring/shock combo and full coilovers? I don't know what a sleeve looks like or how it works tbh.

What have you been driving with the Accord out of commission due to the tranny? I hope you find an auto to go in it soon. I'll sell you mine in a month or two. :lawl:

I can't even spare $500, lol. Well, i can but id rather buy an exhaust and tires for my 17s, lol.

Just for ****s'n'giggles, how many miles would you say you have on them? Nothing says loving like new springs but a good deal is a good deal.

I will have had them on the car for roughly 1.5 years, so I'd say I put somewhere between 12k-15k miles on them. They had it easy since I don't track the car or anything, just saw city and highway driving.

Tires and exhaust are fun mods. If it was between exhaust or suspension I'd say you'd definitely get more performance/fun out of suspension. But getting tires on the rims is certainly worth it for the way it improves the looks. Just be prepared if you post photos when you get them on, you know what people will say. lol

SykVSyx

Reaction score

I've heard good things about the Neuspeeds, but I already have the Sportlines (going on this weekend). I have never moved the snap rings due to liking the way it was set up by the shop way back when. But this time around I think I'll mess with it a little. Maybe it's more inconvenient/difficult than what I'm thinking.

The GC's sound cool, but since they are in fact coilover sleeves, don't they give a much firmer ride than a spring by itself? Or are sleeves somewhere between spring/shock combo and full coilovers? I don't know what a sleeve looks like or how it works tbh.

What have you been driving with the Accord out of commission due to the tranny? I hope you find an auto to go in it soon. I'll sell you mine in a month or two. :lawl:

The sleeves, from what I have read, can give a bit of a firmer ride than springs, but because the yellows have the dampening capability, it's not so bad. The springs are shorter on the GC's, IIRC, so spring travel will be reduced compared to just the regular springs.

9.jpg

We have been driving the wife's TL for the time being. Been talking about a MDX (2006) in our future, so we'll see how that goes. I found a place, it's $1500 parts/labour/1yr warranty for a tranny, just a matter of money to get it done. It's still too early in the season even if I did have the money, since I would wait till spring to do it.

Mikey

Reaction score

Just be prepared if you post photos when you get them on, you know what people will say. lol
Oh, I know. "Needs moar low" "Look at the gap" :flipoff: Lol. 17s are a step up from the 16s though, so itll kill some of that gap, lol. Im getting exhaust and tires out of the way because they dont/wont require more parts. A drop will open the possibility of needed/upgraded parts like bushings and stuff. I want to have enough money to do all the possible upgrades if necessary.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Oh, I know. "Needs moar low" "Look at the gap" :flipoff: Lol. 17s are a step up from the 16s though, so itll kill some of that gap, lol. Im getting exhaust and tires out of the way because they dont/wont require more parts. A drop will open the possibility of needed/upgraded parts like bushings and stuff. I want to have enough money to do all the possible upgrades if necessary.

Ummmm......no.

You can run a 19" rim and it will still only take up as much room as the stock rim. The only thing that will "kill some of that gap" is lowering the car, unless you run 20's OR you run a bigger rim with higher profile tires.

Don't forget, when you up the size of the rim, you are taking up the room of the bigger stock tire, and running a lower profile tire. You aren't taking up more gap space.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Right. And you would never want to run a [bigger] rim with higher profile tires because the goal is always to stay as close to overall OEM diameter as possible, as to keep your speedo/odo accurate.

On a 6GA, 17's really should have a 50 sidewall (though people always seem to go with 45), 18's should have a 40 sidewall, 19's should have a 35 sidewall, etc. Playing with a tire calculator like the miata.net one is a great way to see this.

Mikey

Reaction score

Tires will be 50 sidewall, no doubt. I already have that planned out. A buddy of mine is really into suspension and braking and he just really gets into that stuff and we were talking one day and we came to the conclusion that the Yellows and Pros would suit me best. Talking about using which perch to gain an extra 1/4" drop and how with the Yellows and Pros you can also control rebound. Good stuff.

Chris, I just reall like your coupe. Im not a fan of red cars but it really is a clean car. I just saw the roof spoiler and i love it even more, lol.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

Your car is the most maintained and taken care of 6ga ever :drool:

Your future mod list needs updated :lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^lol, as crazy as I am about my car, Joey (Accord2Show) is even worse. When I drove to his place to buy my RH C2000's, I saw how he meticulously maintains everything. But then again, his Accord isn't his daily driver so there is no daily wear n tear.

Yeah I am waaay overdue for an update. Everything in red is stuff I've done since I last took photos. lol

Back