RR's '99 coupe EX-L

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

Hmm not sure I follow, got a pic? Sidenote I hate how you open up hoods on new cars today and all you see are a bunch of black plastic covers everywhere.

Yeah, will post one up. Where that grey 'bar' is between the IM and the plug wires. I think it looks a little cleaner with the engine cover on there. Jovani(hguzman) has it like that. IMO, it just tidies things up a bit.

011_zps40433e6a.jpg

5800495895_f66e5e714a_z.jpg

Funny, I actually like that everything is hidden away with the newer cars.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I have that thing too, I've seen a lot of people just remove it. It's only there to to secure the wires in certain places to keep things tidy, there are other ways to do that. But yeah that thing is hideous lol.

Guzman's 1 engine cover looks good sitting atop the painted head. Wouldn't mind having that piece.

Last edited:

Wid

Reaction score

Your accord is great man. Inspired me to switch to an OEM setup from WW. Might copy your trunk lip too in due time.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Guzman's 1 engine cover looks good sitting atop the painted head. Wouldn't mind having that piece.

Yes, that is the piece that I will probably be putting back on.

It wasn't a matter of removing the bracket for the spark plug wires, just covering it up.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

RR did you remove the intake manifold cover so that you could fit in the J32A2 without having to lower the subframe? ...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Your accord is great man. Inspired me to switch to an OEM setup from WW. Might copy your trunk lip too in due time.

Thanks. Can't go wrong with a lowered coupe w/wingless trunk. :)

RR did you remove the intake manifold cover so that you could fit in the J32A2 without having to lower the subframe? ...

Nope you need more than that thickness for clearance. We lowered the subframe 5/8" I think it was. That's in my swap thread somewhere, as well as the other options we considered.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nope you need more than that thickness for clearance. We lowered the subframe 5/8" I think it was. That's in my swap thread somewhere, as well as the other options we considered.

Cool, thanks for the info

sunroof

Reaction score

gold wheels with polished lip?? what??

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score

So you're saying that the J32A2 is more than a direct swap? Like, I couldn't just take out the stock J30A1 and out and drop in a J32A2 w/o lowering the subframe a little bit?

Mikey

Reaction score

If you don't lower the subframe, you'll need to shave/cut the hood.

Back