RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

Have you tried it? It's smooth for me, shifting below 2k could be too low though. Around 2500k seems to be perfect for crawling along in traffic in my experience when alternating back and forth between 2nd and 3rd.

Varnell

Reaction score

I'll try it tonight after class. Anything around 3000 seems choppy, but maybe because I'm catching the low end of the power band.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

It's alive...

temporary_32.jpg

FNCONE

Reaction score

There she goes!!!
I don't remember if you have to be sitting on them. I remember when I had the 03 Accord seats for some reason there is a sensor for it to work when sitting only??? I think it was my Accord Seats or TL's don't quite remember.

Varnell

Reaction score

Congrats on the heated seats! Just in time for Fall.

I'm thinking about getting a short shifter, but know next to nothing about them. I'm assuming I can't use one designed for a manual 6GA, or are they generally universal? Comptech is only selling one for the 03-07 Accord, which I'm assuming would work with yours.

I guess I just don't know if the actual transmission makes the difference, or the plastic yellow box that holds the shifter.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

nice, good job dues both sides work or just the drivers for now.

Just driver side for now, have to work out how I want to do the passenger side.

There she goes!!!
I don't remember if you have to be sitting on them. I remember when I had the 03 Accord seats for some reason there is a sensor for it to work when sitting only??? I think it was my Accord Seats or TL's don't quite remember.

So I owe this all to you man, seriously without your expert guidance this would NOT have been possible haha. Thank you so much.

Hmm not sure, when I tested the heat I was sitting on it. Hadn't thought to try it otherwise.

I might have some questions when it comes time to do the passenger side. :)

Congrats on the heated seats! Just in time for Fall.

I'm thinking about getting a short shifter, but know next to nothing about them. I'm assuming I can't use one designed for a manual 6GA, or are they generally universal? Comptech is only selling one for the 03-07 Accord, which I'm assuming would work with yours.

I guess I just don't know if the actual transmission makes the difference, or the plastic yellow box that holds the shifter.

Some you have to cut the shifter, others work differently. I would think you could use one designed for the 5MT, but not positive. JTC seems to be popular after PSPEC disappeared, check that out. There is a thread on it here. Thanks for the heads up on the Comptech, I go back and forth on wanting one.

Varnell

Reaction score

I thought I could just cut the shifter and rethread it, too. Apparently that has nothing to do with shortening the throw of each shift. Most short shifters are actually the same height as oem shifters (though some are adjustable).

From what I've read the JTC's were PSpec reps and jacked up their prices after PSpec closed down. I am intrigued by the optional bushings they offer to make the shifts tighter and reduce the slop.

I thought about getting one made for the 5speed, but I'm using the assembly off the 6speed, so I imagine it would be different. Likewise, yours may be slightly different. Comptech being an option of yours (though typically synonymous with quality) their short shifters for the 6th gen seemed to be unanimously disliked.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Rear view mirror installed. Compass reads correctly after driving in a circle a few times, apparently there are "zones" for which these have to be calibrated. The temp sensor is working, I may try moving it to see how it affects the reading. Auto dimming works like a charm. :)

WP_20150910_19_21_09_Pro.jpg

Wedge adapter fits securely onto camlock mount

WP_20150910_19_05_59_Pro.jpg

Mirror assembly, even came with a wire cover

WP_20150910_19_43_47_Pro.jpg

On

WP_20150911_00_24_16_Pro.jpg

Temp sensor

WP_20150910_22_01_40_Pro.jpg

I ran the wires through an unused grommet in the firewall

WP_20150910_22_01_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20150910_22_06_42_Pro_1.jpg

I am intrigued by the optional bushings they offer to make the shifts tighter and reduce the slop.

TheHunter updgrade his shifter bushings (tranny end of shifter cables), he said it made a difference so thats probably a good upgrade. I've been considering the Ingalls torque dampener, supposed to make shifts feel more smooth.

Last edited:
Back