Sh*t Happened my tranny died

IcyAccord

Reaction score
i think what hes trying to say is, take some time to troubleshoot the problem before jumping to conclusions, it very may be the tranny but if you fix the problem by flushing your tranny out you'd save about... $1800

lol Calvin.. just stop.

Alright. 6 speed. That's your only option. :coffee:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you should wear a suit of armor.

as for the OP...that really sucks man, but thats what happens with these cars. even the 4 bangers get it too eventually.

truonghthe

Reaction score
K here is a roughtly price list lol, I had do research on price of AT swap AT or AT swap MT. Because my final gear is wear out lol.

03 CLS used/recondition: Run about $1100-$1500 (trany only)

Richie bypass harness: $700 for all the sh*t that work perfect without swap whole ECU and other crap.

Other component part like: clutch, flywheel, trany mount, etc.... est about $1800 (New OEM Honda parts) or more.

If you are like me can't do the job because, A) have little knowledge about DIY machanic, B) I don't have time and space to work on the car, C) you gonna need a second car to commute back and forward during the MT swap.

Well if you have a shop do it for you then my local shop estmiate would be $2000-$2500 for all those work (Labor ONLY "You heard that right")

Grand total: $6500 or $4000 (if you DYI).

Refurbished AT On ebay cost $850 with $300 shipping

Honda ATF (auto trany fluid) cost about $120

Labor cost around $500-$800

Grand total: $2100

My local Honda dealer quote me for $2500 for the whole shot of AT swap.

I know alot of you going throught alot of AT. I know 6spd faster, more reliable, but look at that price $4000 just for part, and how much make it faster? Faster than the AT for sure but not gona faster than those CLS 6spd or 7th gen AV6 6spd. Oh BTW Honda still screw up in there MT lol, there is a issue with their third gear sycron (some of them must replace the whole third gear set, At least the guy work for Honda dealer already did in his 06 SI), let get back to topic here. 98-02 AV6 with your milage range about $4500-$9000 (around my area depend milage and condition) let say your worth $5500 and those CLS MT, AV6 6spd ran about $12K-$13K (new model better engine power) less milage. So let me do the math $5500+$6500=$12000 you get 200HP with 6spd that has $14xK miles (well that just my sistuation here) or you can go out there and do some down payment and get a new car then sell this one and pay off the rest of the loan. My suggession for you is to fix by getting another AT then save money for a down payment and go out get another car lol. Again I have notthing against any one here, you can do whatever with your money but either way swaping trany those aren't small amount of money. If you save $ to get some part then you will need a second car to commute lol,

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
you expected your tranny to last this entire time while you race everything you see?

swap is the most logical choice for your situation

Back