Sh*t Happened my tranny died

Cameron_H

Reaction score
Thankfully my Transmission is doing good. I gotta change the transmission fluid though...might get the stealership to do it though, I'm just too busy to do it right now with school and work.

cajun

Reaction score
Here's some thoughts from a cheapskate - if you get a reman AT from the dealer ($3K or so) you'll get a 3yr/36K warranty. If you kick out $6K for the 6spd swap I assume you'll get no warranty from the shop that does the work for you. Also, if you care about resale I would think that your car with the reman AT would be worth more than with the 6spd. Buyers might get scared off when they figure out that you did the swap. I know I probably wouldn't buy somebody's swapped AT/MT car b/c I would have no idea if they or the shop that did the work knew WTH they were doing.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Here's some thoughts from a cheapskate - if you get a reman AT from the dealer ($3K or so) you'll get a 3yr/36K warranty. If you kick out $6K for the 6spd swap I assume you'll get no warranty from the shop that does the work for you. Also, if you care about resale I would think that your car with the reman AT would be worth more than with the 6spd. Buyers might get scared off when they figure out that you did the swap. I know I probably wouldn't buy somebody's swapped AT/MT car b/c I would have no idea if they or the shop that did the work knew WTH they were doing.

or u say screw the dealer and get a jasper reman. like i did for just a little more and get a 3yr/100k warranty.... :)

cajun

Reaction score
or u say screw the dealer and get a jasper reman. like i did for just a little more and get a 3yr/100k warranty.... :)

Thanks for the info. I just looked at their site and a 4cyl AT goes for $2700 (labor extra). What did your total job end up costing?

truonghthe

Reaction score
yup you can get and AT then get the extend warranty on it until 3 years 100K miles.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I just looked at their site and a 4cyl AT goes for $2700 (labor extra). What did your total job end up costing?

i honestly don't remember but i think it was about $3400 installed.... v6 btw... but not positive i dont know where my paperwork is right now..

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
well I just decided I need to at least get it back on the road for now so i may go ahead and get a used tranny and flush it and a transmission cooler on it just to be on the safe side until i can afford a 6 speed swap or another vehicle. I can probally get my nissan dealership service center that i work at to put it in for half the price of labor so i should come out pretty well. The worst part of this is I learned to love this car despite the minor setbacks and i really dont want to see it go.

Last edited:

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
DUDE!!!

The same **** happen to me a few weeks ago, but i was driving in the carbon canyon hills and while going up the hills my tranny was giving out so i parked it next to this fire station and later my bro picked it up and took it home.

We took the car to AAMCO and it cost us $2400 bucks.

Now the car runs like it should.

99 Accord Sedan, Automatic Transmission, About 196,XXX Miles.

This was the second time my tranny gave out, three if you count that the first time the tranny was put in it didnt worked.

Good Luck man, i recommend you take it to professionals, because the first time my car was taken to my dad's friend and long story short that was why my tranny gave out a second time.

Good Luck!

truonghthe

Reaction score
^^^ um AAMCO that where the first owner had the trany service and the bill is about the same amount lol.

About the used trany make sure you pay around $800 other then that don't pay anymore because you can get a crapy recondition for $1200 with basic 12K miles warranty on it.

Back