Shockz 'n Springz

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
So this is about the 14,573rd thread on this topic, but whatever. I have Tanabe NF210 springs installed, and I'm trying to figure out what shocks would best match them. These springs have a very subtle drop, and are designed for max ride comfort. Here are the specs:

Front drop: 1.2"
Rear drop: 0.8"
Average overall drop: 1.0"
Spring rate: about 5% higher than stock

So I guess I'm looking for shocks that are about 5% stiffer than stock? Help me out here, guys.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
stock are fine.

there are some with adjustable dampening that are stock replacement.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That's barely a drop at all, so I think OEM's would hold up for a while. I'd personally pair those with a set of Yellows which give you the option of roughly dropping another 1" due to the adjustable perches.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Currently I am running stock shocks, springs and tires (15 inch). I am considering doing it down. Do you think it would look ok with all stock with it dropped?

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

WizadOfOz

Reaction score
That's barely a drop at all, so I think OEM's would hold up for a while. I'd personally pair those with a set of Yellows which give you the option of roughly dropping another 1" due to the adjustable perches.

Go with Koni Yellows, the perch adjustability is is +/-1 rear and ~+/-.5 fronts. I have mine paired with Ksport GT springs and the dampening is superb.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
personally, i would get tokico hp's (blues). i had their illuminas on two of my older setups and they're a good shock. the illuminas have adjustable dampening, but the blues are just normal shocks and aren't meant for too much of a drop, so they'd probably be perfect with your springs.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Currently I am running stock shocks, springs and tires (15 inch). I am considering doing it down. Do you think it would look ok with all stock with it dropped?

yes, but no one cares, it's even the time of year to roll steelies.

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
personally, i would get tokico hp's (blues). i had their illuminas on two of my older setups and they're a good shock. the illuminas have adjustable dampening, but the blues are just normal shocks and aren't meant for too much of a drop, so they'd probably be perfect with your springs.

Yeah I've had blues before on my Lexus, paired with a 1.5" drop or so. They were pretty comfortable for the rest of the time I owned the car. According to the next owner though, they were blown soon after I sold it (less than a year after installing the shocks). Maybe with the milder drop on my Accord, they'll be ok.

Are blues designed for a slightly higher spring rate than stock, like around 5-10%? If so, that sounds perfect.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah, as far as i know, the blues are meant for like a sportier spring and not so much drop. one of my friends had blues on his civic for a few years and never had a problem. then there have been people on here that paired them with sleeve type coilovers or a low drop spring that have had problems with them blowing. they'd probably be good for what you want though.

Back