Shockz 'n Springz

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
yeah, as far as i know, the blues are meant for like a sportier spring and not so much drop. one of my friends had blues on his civic for a few years and never had a problem. then there have been people on here that paired them with sleeve type coilovers or a low drop spring that have had problems with them blowing. they'd probably be good for what you want though.

Repped. Thanks for the info!

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
One more question.
I went ahead and bought new strut mounts, because I figured why the hell not. But since I'm basically replacing all 4 full strut assemblies anyway, do you think I should replace the bump stops and dust boots too?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you should transfer them when you assemble the new suspension you're putting in, so i would get some new ones to put on with your new stuff since it doesn't sound like you're going to disassemble the oem setup...you would like the new shocks to last i'm sure haha. you'll most likely have to trim the bump stops down a little though.

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
So I ended up getting the Tokico Blues, and they are a PERFECT match for my spring rate. Comfortable ride, yet agile and sporty. Highly recommended for anyone running similarly mild springs.

Back