Simple dome light issue isn't simple!! Plz help!!!!

GOLDEN707

Reaction score
Yes. I do have an alarm system. I did think about that as part of the problem also but don't know wat or how to check

..[]¬[]×(]_[)×[] \[]×[]_[)×[]¬\\..

FNCONE

Reaction score
Yes. I checked every1. But I noticed under the hood there is 2 relays. Lighting relay1 and lighting relay 2. Possibly anything with those?

No those are headlights

xci.ed6

Reaction score
ok, get a test light, ya know, any 12v light with wires. They make real ones, but you can use whatever.

so, pull the dome light assembly, you've got a plug, how many wires? wire colors?

you have 2 or 3.

GOLDEN707

Reaction score
I have the aVital 3200l I believe. I checked it out and the interior light wire isn't connected. The Manual said optional. And my Dome light has 2 wires. Can't remember the colors now. Will b at to check in a lil while or tomorrow. And can confirm alarm type as well at the same time. E

GOLDEN707

Reaction score
You would think tho but it only has 2. The bolt acts as a ground wire with the switch in a certain place.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
usually you get one +12v, then the dome switch goes from ground or to door switches that ground. Any method it uses a fast check is this:

3117.jpg

On the accord we have that:

0996b43f8024c07b.gif

far left

white/blue to a ground it should light, or you have a bad fuse (or power wire). Then go white/blue to green/red and it should light with any door open. If it does then you have a bad dome light. If it doesn't then you have a problem with the green/red before it splits to multiple doors.

Back