Simple dome light issue isn't simple!! Plz help!!!!

james'99

Reaction score
usually you get one +12v, then the dome switch goes from ground or to door switches that ground. Any method it uses a fast check is this:

3117.jpg

On the accord we have that:

0996b43f8024c07b.gif

far left

white/blue to a ground it should light, or you have a bad fuse (or power wire). Then go white/blue to green/red and it should light with any door open. If it does then you have a bad dome light. If it doesn't then you have a problem with the green/red before it splits to multiple doors.

Okay, that makes sense. Haven't ever pulled it apart. Sorry for my misinformation. The bolt ground would be that "third wire".

xci.ed6

Reaction score
yup, that's why I said you'd have 2 or 3, sometimes they don't have a direct gnd, sometimes they do.

GOLDEN707

Reaction score
The difference between the 2 or 3 pin is with or without sunroof. I was just out looking at all the wiring again n there's a blue wire from the alarm tapped in on the right side fuse box inna plug. Wen I wiggle that wire it makes the Dome light flicker if it's in the door position. So I unplugged it n it came on. But it wasn't full power. As if wiring was wrong or sumthin. But it still wouldn't work with the door. Wen I shut the door it would stay on. Lock the car with the alarm it would still stay on. But wen I unlocked it it would shut off then dim bak in..... ?? I also used a volt meter to test power n it's - 9volts. Something has to be back words or a positive wire touching ground somewhere possibly?

..[]¬[]×(]_[)×[] \[]×[]_[)×[]¬\\..

james'99

Reaction score
The difference between the 2 or 3 pin is with or without sunroof. I was just out looking at all the wiring again n there's a blue wire from the alarm tapped in on the right side fuse box inna plug. Wen I wiggle that wire it makes the Dome light flicker if it's in the door position. So I unplugged it n it came on. But it wasn't full power. As if wiring was wrong or sumthin. But it still wouldn't work with the door. Wen I shut the door it would stay on. Lock the car with the alarm it would still stay on. But wen I unlocked it it would shut off then dim bak in..... ?? I also used a volt meter to test power n it's - 9volts. Something has to be back words or a positive wire touching ground somewhere possibly?

Best thing is honestly to just trace the wire all the way through. Someone tapped it for something.

GOLDEN707

Reaction score
I am going to attempt that soon. Took it to the place that installed my alarm n they don't know. They double checked everything n reconnected all their wiring to b sure. So it's still an unknown issue. Hopefully time next week I can trace all wires. And tips or idea's on how exactly I should do it?

james'99

Reaction score
Okay, so per the diagram I have, you want to check for a path to ground when the door is opened on the BLK/WHT wire. If it isn't present, you'll have to trace thewire back to the safety indicator circuit which is in the instrument panel. Check for continuity with a Ohm meter between both ends. Then, check for ground right at the gauge. You should have ground at the gauge considering that your dash indicates what doors are open.

Back