Slamming tips and lookouts

4door accord02

Reaction score
I wanted to get some tips and facts on slamming the ride from those of you who are livin the low life! Not necessarily tire pressure and stretchin tips(as currentl already made thread). But more like scrapping , getting out of vehicle. Speed Bumps ,unable to reach drive through McDonald's window : ) , Drive through ATM,s. Etc. .. :ownedrun:

Last edited:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
know the roads where you live. avoid pot holes. and for speed bumps its all about angle. or drive on the sidewalk at farm fresh like me =)

oh and avoid road kill, it stinks when it gets cooked by your exhaust

Bax

Reaction score
The most annoying thing to me was having to reach up at the Sonic drive-in, I couldn't get close enough to the button thingy because my bumper would hit the sidewalk. So I looked extremely dumb with my head all crooked and shoved up against my window visor trying to reach the credit card machine. Good times. lol

also, know where your oil pan is so you can avoid hitting it.

Last edited:

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Learn how steep the dips are so you can angle them, sometime wide angles. Also remember when your car is packed with people you will be a lot lower so drive very careful.:thumbsup:

ShaGGy21

Reaction score
also, know where your oil pan is so you can avoid hitting it.

^^ Definitely know where that is. I hit mine so many times the first day I started driving slammed. I also scraped my bumper on a few left turns so beware of that also. Driving on highways and such ... when the road converts to a bridge yeah i hate that . lol but other than that drive slow and break necks lol

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
^^ Definitely know where that is. I hit mine so many times the first day I started driving slammed. I also scraped my bumper on a few left turns so beware of that also. Driving on highways and such ... when the road converts to a bridge yeah i hate that . lol but other than that drive slow and break necks lol

agreed. although on 6gas, atleast the 4cyl our oil pan doesn hang that low. i think my sub frame gets hit more

Narftastic

Reaction score
pretty much what everyone else sayd, know the roads you take and memorize where the potholes are. Drive slow and pay attention on unfamiliar roads.

Oh and what really helps me ALOT is : when your behind a car look at there rear wheels and if they hit something you'll already know its there and u can avoid it, and dont be affraid to put ur hazards on and drive 5mph in a 30mph zone, thats always fun seeing ppl get pissed.

angleing is key, if you cant angle your car the rite way then you have no business being slammed. also theres gonna be times that you smack the **** out of your frame no matter how hard you try to drive safe, theres just some bumps, dips that are just not avoidable so take it like a man have your little heart attack (ive had those lol) and hope nothing broke or cracked.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
You dont drive a civic so you dont have to worry about not being able to reach drive-thrus trust me. I was hoping for it too. But when going up hills and inclines make sure its not too much cause even then you can scrape your rims. Been there done that.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Backing up and doing a 3 point turn using a driveway is something to be careful of as well, your exhaust also will be much lower, and can get beat p in a hurry if you don't pay attention.

Reverse parking as well......make sure judge your distances!

Back