So I plasti dipped my car

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
I need to re do my roof and it took a whole 2 minutes to pull it off lol. It's super easy and as long as the dip is thick it will come off nicely

that is because it was there for a couple of hrs or days,

i have plastic dip at 6 coats for a lil over 1yr... and ohh boy...

taking it of... sure was NOT!!! fun :mad:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
If done right, the majority of cars don't have any issues during removal, even after longer periods of time.

Still surprised people are just now learning about plastidip and that you can do whole cars. :hipsterstatus:

SportBilly

Reaction score
im afraid to do it.. mostly about the time that will past and i may want to remove it...

toadster417

Reaction score
how long did it take you to plasti dip your whole car? I'm thinking of plasti dipping mine, but i dont know how many cans and the time slot i need.

Gmoney

Reaction score
i know this thread is kinda old and don't want to start a new one, im thinking of dipping my car a local well reputable shop quoted me 850 to dip my whole car i might just buy the kit with the gun and paint and do it myself but for those who have done it how happy are you with the result

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
This is IMO for the owners of some exotic cars, who would want to keep their original paint, but change the color. Wrapping the car is more expensive alternative. But once again IMO save couple more $$$ and get a paintjob,if your car is faded or whatever. This plasti dip could last as long as if it's scratched,chipped or something, it will not look right anymore, especially if you completely changed the color of the car

danmccormick87

Reaction score
This is IMO for the owners of some exotic cars, who would want to keep their original paint, but change the color. Wrapping the car is more expensive alternative. But once again IMO save couple more $$$ and get a paintjob,if your car is faded or whatever. This plasti dip could last as long as if it's scratched,chipped or something, it will not look right anymore, especially if you completely changed the color of the car

^This. Plus, Plastidip is good for a quick fix and small parts and pieces. It does peel and pit as you drive your car with the road grim and rocks and what not. Igor is right, save the extra money and just paint the car.

Gmoney

Reaction score
the paint job is looking to run 1500+ the plastidip kit with the sprayer goes for around 300 I think im going to go the plastidip route for now and look into a paint job further down the line im just tryna get things moving.

Back