So I plasti dipped my car

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
^This. Plus, Plastidip is good for a quick fix and small parts and pieces. It does peel and pit as you drive your car with the road grim and rocks and what not. Igor is right, save the extra money and just paint the car.

Paint is the better option, but Plasti-dip isn't horrible. The stuff is strong, trust me. My window trim has been dipped for almost two years and help up great, same for my grille.

I had a video of someone pulling his car with just plasti-dip from the hood, but can't find it now.

the paint job is looking to run 1500+ the plastidip kit with the sprayer goes for around 300 I think im going to go the plastidip route for now and look into a paint job further down the line im just tryna get things moving.

Plasti-dip isnt horrible, but paint is definitely better

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
It gets pretty "addictive" once you start dippin! It don't look bad at all, but you can end up spending more in the long run, dipping vs paint that can last years. But I do understand the desire to dip, was gonna buy a kit myself ;)

Last edited:

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Plastidip is a great product, and it can last a while it it's applied right and taken care of. Just like normal paint. Depending on how it's done the results can be close to as if it was vinyl wrapped, and a whole lot cheaper. But 850 is quite a steep price for plastidip. There is a shop around me that does nothing but plastidip and they're certified by DipYourCar, the work they do is great.

sccsammy

Reaction score
How is plastidippin the chrome window trim? Does it stick cause I heard painting it looks bad or is it better just to wrap it in vynil

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^people either use blackout tape or dip it. If you do the latter I've heard it's better to do it with the doors open so it doesn't all meld together then pull apart when you first open the door. Obviously you need to do a good job masking job.

Gmoney

Reaction score
im going to buy the sprayer and see how it goes will post pics as soon as I get it done, who knows I might try some cool color since it just peels off

danmccormick87

Reaction score
im going to buy the sprayer and see how it goes will post pics as soon as I get it done, who knows I might try some cool color since it just peels off

If ya get good at it, you might even be able to make money off of it by spraying other peoples stuff

Gmoney

Reaction score
If ya get good at it, you might even be able to make money off of it by spraying other peoples stuff

That's actually a good Idea hmmm time to practice dipping cars lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back