so today my tranny crapped out

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
^ haha soon! so far off my list i'm about halfway done, and i think your faster lol sedans are heavier and i have a 12 inch sub haha

Yeah, by about 100lbs. That can be negotiated if one driver is skinnier than the other. I cant wait to see what a sedan looks like with a 6 speed in

TheHunter

Reaction score
Yeah, by about 100lbs. That can be negotiated if one driver is skinnier than the other. I cant wait to see what a sedan looks like with a 6 speed in

I have a 12 inch sub too, but CF helps compensate. I'm about 170 lbs. The real test will be which of us can manage to get traction off of the line. If you stage it at all you end up peeling out.

lol.. they look like a sedan with a stick and pedals. Lol. The swap is so... not exciting to see. But incredibly good to feel.

Cricket98

Reaction score
I'm currently in the same situation..my tranny crapped out on me about 2 weeks ago..I have a 98 4dr auto and I'm still trying to figure out wat I should do
My moms wants me to do the reliable thing and get a rebuilt auto tranny
My cousins want me to sell it and get another 5sd

But the thing is I'm not ready to give my accord..I love it to much and I'm bored of an automatic..I'm not trying to be lame wen I say this but ur thread has inspired me to do wat I wanted to do which is either a 5sd or 6sd swap

Question..how much have u spent so far?

TheHunter

Reaction score
^Shameless plug. :lawl:

Yes, update!

<_<

>_>

...was not!

I just know how frustrating it is to hear people come in on every page and ask the same question. Most of his info he got from the first post in my thread, so why can't they just look their first before asking "Which tranny works, how much it costs, can I have a ride.... or whatever"

Cricket98

Reaction score
I didn't mean to come in on his shine..and I've read this entire thread..he's mentioned wat he's gotten so far not how much everything he got cost..that's y I asked..

If anything my comment was a compliment..my bad if anyone feels anything different
I'm still gonna keep tuned in for updates
Good luck

Cricket98

Reaction score
I didn't mean to come in on his shine..and I've read this entire thread..he's mentioned wat he's gotten so far not how much everything he got cost..that's y I asked..

If anything my comment was a compliment..my bad if anyone feels anything different
I'm still gonna keep tuned in for updates
Good luck

TheHunter

Reaction score
Lol it's ok man. Just trying to point you in the right direction since inevitably you would have PM'd me asking for my 6 speed swap info that I did collect lol.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
yes all the info i gotten was from Hunter, Nick "Accord_V6_400m", Sean "04accordcpe" and 6thaccord98 from V6P, it was all their research and i can't thank them enough so all the credit goes to them,

as far as cost goes? well on top of my head here goes

6spd 04 Accord tranny - $800
99 Accord Pedals/master clutch cylinder - $75
CL-S shiftbox - $50
Tranny Mount - not sure yet

i have to pick up my shift linkage/wires from honda factory so i have yet to know the exact price but i do have discount on parts

i'm missing...

flywheel and clutch (picking it up sometime this week)
slave cylinder
motor starter
the hose that connects the master to the slave cylinder

i already spoke to Richie about the harness

and the person doing my swap i already did a deal with him, thats about as updated as i can think of right now but thanks for reading,

any further questions please pm me or look up Hunter's thread (lots of great info!)

forgot to mention, this swap isn't cheap, its gonna run well into 2-3 g's depending how much u spent on parts, some parts come cheap, some don't, however i weight the option of spending 1200 on rebuilding my auto versus spending an extra grand and have a 6 speed that will last me for awhile it all depends on you,

i say for anybody wanting to do swaps, put away at least 2'gs unless u have hookups on parts

Last edited:
Back