Something interesting i read on acurazine

joshism

Reaction score
Good stuff. I'm just wondering if any other 6gens revving up to 3,500 rpms on 1st & 2nd gear? Is this related to other common 6th gen tranny problems?

jwong512

Reaction score
Good stuff. I'm just wondering if any other 6gens revving up to 3,500 rpms on 1st & 2nd gear? Is this related to other common 6th gen tranny problems?

You have to rev to 3.5k before it shifts? I can easily rev mine to 1.8k and it'll shift.

001Stunna

Reaction score
You have to rev to 3.5k before it shifts? I can easily rev mine to 1.8k and it'll shift.

I think it depends, go easy on the gas and each gear will catch at about 2k-2.5k or less. Slam the pedal and you'll hit 4k before you catch next gear.

so who is gonna be the guinea pig?
Would do it but kind of afraid lol, tranny has been good to me till now, why mess with it lol

PS.

ImageShack.us

ImageShack.us

ImageShack.us
Part# 28600P6H003

Last edited:

joshism

Reaction score

Is there a way to adjust this? Or is my tranny messed up? In order for me to have it shift slow, I'd have to go ridiculously slow.

ejreams

Reaction score
I have a V6

If I drive like a normal civilized being, my car shifts (when warm) at about 2.5

I replaced my tranny fluid about 6k miles ago, my car also has 210,000 miles on it.

eggyhustles

Reaction score
Did Anybody look at the link, Its for 2004-2008 TL's. That's for the 7th gen accords, Not our 6th gens..........

Look

I had a '98 Accord (3rd car).. It ran very well until I let my family friends wife use it to commute.. long story.. anyways while they were driving it she noticed third holding / slipping. Took it to an old school Toyota tech.. he used a solvent to clean the valve body and replaced the pressure switches. I remember him telling me that he sees the pressure switches going out over regular intervals. It ran well after.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back