stock wheels or 17" 5 spokes

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
well guys. not sure what i should do. i have the stock EX wheels on my LX, which i like since my speedometer is showing the correct speed & the ride isnt that bad (pertaining to the bumpy/crappy roads around here).

but my dilemma is that i bought a set of 5-spoke 17's that i like. but the tires are not the correct size so my speedo is going to be a little off.

what im wondering is to get some opinions on whether or not i should put the 17's on or just keep the 15's. i know the final decision really comes down to me, but i guess i just wanted to hear some other opinions that could sway my decision. when i searched to see about ride quality, most results had to do with springs & lowering a car. there was one that had to do with wheels, but it was comparing 17's to 18's. i guess the other reason why i havent put them on already is b/c with the crappy roads, im afraid im just going to bend or crack them.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
pretty sure most of the folks on here gonna say go with the 17s. i say go with the 17s. just change out the tires if you think they're gonna rub or something. how does the wheel affect the your speedometer?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
cars with wheels and stock height look like ***. tires are also replaceable, so you could always....say....buy new, smaller tires.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
^^yea what he said. forgot bout the wheels on stock height cars. mayb just save em for now till you get a drop, that is IF you want to drop your car.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
any wheel that you get larger or smaller than stock is going to change the speedo... not by much but it does. I have few sets of off sized tires. My 18's with a 40 profile, speedo says 75 when im doing 80. My other set is 15's with a smaller rated tire, my speedo says 87 when im doin 80 either way a larger or smaller than stock is gonna change the speedo

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
sorry. guess i should have clarified that my car is dropped. i bought a used set of coilovers off someone on another site. basically the car sits right on top of the stock wheel & tires. i could swap out the tires...once money permits. but my wife is having our 1st child (a boy! lol) and she's due in march, so i dont want to spend anything unless i dont have to (since the tires on the 17's are in great shape). and the boy is the whole reason how i ended up with the accord. i wanted a 4 door car. so im not going to be driving fast or even doing any motor mods. but i just wanted the car to look a certain way. and with the coilovers i am happy with the way it looks.

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
lol, thanks. Tein coilovers. not sure of the model. bought them off someone that had them on the hondamarket place site.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
honestly I don't really feel much change in the ride quality between my 17's and my ex rims.

BUT roads in bmore ****in suck so I dunno if I'd wanna roll around with my 17's either (in fear of bends)

Back