stock wheels or 17" 5 spokes

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
honestly I don't really feel much change in the ride quality between my 17's and my ex rims.

BUT roads in bmore ****in suck so I dunno if I'd wanna roll around with my 17's either (in fear of bends)

ok that's one of the things i was wondering...about the ride quality between the EX wheels & aftermarket, lol. thanks.

and the roads really do suck up here. especially after the snow we have had. not it seems like pot holes are just about every 2 feet :eek: and i guess what im contemplating is do i risk damaging the wheels (b/c i have a feeling that they will get bent with these roads), or just sell them while i know they are still good with good tires. so i can get better money for them compared to if they are bent / have worn tires, lol.

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
:slap:

well, i went to put the wheels i bought on my car tonight. and wouldnt you know my luck, the lug pattern doesn't match up. so my decision just got very easy, lol :hihi:

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
DSC00207.jpg

Namboyz

Reaction score
dannng those are chunky a** tires man. lol. and i thought mines were bad. im currently running 215/50/17 and the ride is pretty good since im not dropped super low.

what size are those tires? the thicker the tire the less you will feel. and if you said your dropped right above your tire you will rub. especially since aftermarket 17's are wider.

most likely you'll rub a little on the front with anything that size.

if anything keep the tires and try to find a different set of wheels and sell the ones you have.

im guessing you have a v6?

anyhooo sry for long post. good luck with everything:)

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
thanks. actually they are the same size tires that you're running, P215/50R17. nah, i've a got a 4 cylinder LX. i can separate the tires from the wheels, but im just going to sell both (either together or separate). i like the way my car sits now, so i dont want to raise it up any.

before
DSC01112.jpg

now
lower2.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
215/50/17 is the correct tire size to maintain speedo accuracy if you're changing to 17's (atleast as accurate as it can be). Not sure how low you are, but depending on that I would suggest going to 215/45's to shed some sidewall. Reason for this is people lowered 3" on TL wheels looks pretty good, and those tires are 45 profile.

Back