Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No to this idea

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
I like the post count/3 month of being a member idea..but like some people have mentioned,its gonna suck if someone else buys the item if posted on eBay

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Dude! The solutions to the eBay thing have been beaten to death. Yes they will work if the option is available and communication is intact. If it isn't then no sale, simple as that, or resort to buying straight through the forum. Post count and being a long member isn't going to guarantee a smooth transaction, it will just increase the probability of one. There is no real way to trust anyone online. Improvements to the situation can be utilized to make the best of it: Post count/member account age, iTrader profile, and eBay idea. With this combination problems should me minimal if people really go through with the solutions.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
I dont think this should even be something we discuss because every member has the option to sell their stuff on ebay no matter how expensive or cheap it is. whether its ebay, Craigslist or here, they/you dont have to sell their stuff here, they/you dont have to buy their stuff here.

everywhere you go its gonna be buyer beware. i acutally thing 6thgenaccord is MUCH safer than ebay because on ebay you have no clue who you are buying from, on here at least you have someidea of where they live, what they drive and even how they look if they go to meets

eggs

Reaction score
ok got a solution to this ebay thing
any member on the board that is going to sell an item to a non local member and is going to ship an item has to post the item on ebay if the buyer request and agrees to pay all fees assoiciated with it. if the person feels safer that way the seller has no reason to say no at this point

the person buying the part/item in question feels safer with this option doing but dont make it mandatory
/thread

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Dude! The solutions to the eBay thing have been beaten to death. Yes they will work if the option is available and communication is intact. If it isn't then no sale, simple as that, or resort to buying straight through the forum. Post count and being a long member isn't going to guarantee a smooth transaction, it will just increase the probability of one. There is no real way to trust anyone online. Improvements to the situation can be utilized to make the best of it: Post count/member account age, iTrader profile, and eBay idea. With this combination problems should me minimal if people really go through with the solutions.

I agree.

It's ultimately not up to me how you guys conduct your business on here. I am just sick and tired of people complaining how they lost this and that. If the seller is not willing to work with you, then maybe he really has nothing to "sell".

If the moderators want to lock this and sticky it somewhere so people can be reminded, I think it would serve as a good reminder for safety while spending online.

If you don't agree with this proposal, then feel free to continue with your online spending habits. Some of you may be lead to an oasis, but you will still drink the sand, Im not going to keep beating up a dead horse. I've introduced a plan, its been discussed and viewed. That's it.

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Buying/selling arrangements should be left up to the buyer/seller. The bottom line is if someone is going to scam you, they're going to do it whether it be on CL, 6GA or ebay.

If a buyer/seller here wants to do the ebay option because they think it's safer, more power to them. For every 20 transactions we have on this site, we maybe have one that doesn't go as planned. It's not like this is an epidemic. I assume this was brought up in regards to what has been going on with Hector, but to be honest I can't remember the last time we had a problem like this.

I think I speak for the staff when I say we aren't going to implement any policy as to how people have to sell things on this site (except for the rules that are already enforced). As Eric stated before, as a buyer you assume the risk of being scammed when you buy things on the internet no matter where it is.

So the bottom line for buyers is simply, beware. As far as sellers go, if you think that for any reason you won't be able to live up to your end of the deal (shipping in a timely manner, good communication, etc) then don't sell your items. I understand that life events come up on occasion, as I'm sure all of you do, but there is absolutely no reason (unless you're dead or in a coma) as to why you shouldn't be able to take a minute to shoot someone an email, text, or PM to let them know what's going on.

That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back