Stuck in 2nd.

james'99

Reaction score
If no, I'd disconnect the cable and try to push it up in 3rd gear with your hand under the hood just to see. Maybe you won't have to disconnect the cable but it doesn't look promising from the video.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Eh, my post dissapeared.

Ya got TWO cables, one f & b, one l & r.

If l-r dies, trans reactes there to center, so you just get 3 & 4.

If f & b dies, you get no gears.

Your video doesn't show both cables, but if the other end doesn't move: cable prob, if it does: trans problem, or if it tries to but can't: somethin blockin it

F23accordowner

Reaction score
Thanks for the post, will be about 12 hrs or so before I will be able to try and asses it further due to work. I'll be checking on here for more posts and try to respond as I get the opportunity. And to answer an earlier question it does move to the fit and third and 5th positions just the transmission does not respond to the movement.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oh, like I said, if they move fine but nothing happens that's a internal trans prob.

F23accordowner

Reaction score
Ok so there is a possibility of some luck. I removed my intercooler piping (intake side) to get a better look see. I also had to take off the lower radiator hose and move some stuff. I found both cables and i believe one of the cables is missing the retainer clip that holds it in place on a metal bracket of some sort. The second cable has a "clip" that is keeping it firm in place from moving allowing i guess the cable mechanism to operate properly, whereas the 1st cable (attached to the larger rod) is free moving back and forth and will not stay attached to the metal bracket. Does this sound like the probably culprit? The cables both seem to be intact and not broken, just one cable is not attached to that bracket. Could be my lucky day if this is the problem, got an expert coming to see what he can figure out tonight hopefully. If this "clip" is missing where can i get one, or how can i figure out where a diagram is to get a part number or do i just go to Honda and say i'm missing this part? http://estore.honda.com/honda/parts/show-block-image.asp?iid=13S8201&lid=S843M0100

Last edited:

F23accordowner

Reaction score
one cable is attached to the bracket to allow just the actual wire to move the arm. The other cable is not attached to the bracket therefore when moving the gear lever it moves the entire cable and rod wich seems like it doesnt move the arm. this as of now is what my conclusion is until my mechanic comes to swing by the house and check it out.

Back