Supercharger questions?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
B/c you pretty much made your car a stock TL by keeping the auto trans and swapping in the J32?

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Legendary - I'd like to see what you have under the hood to run your mouth like that. I never said I'd "run" a S/C accord. I'm sure it would be a pretty good race - the numbers are in my favor, but not by much. But me, I'd take the J32 over a supercharger any day.

I still have my stock J30 but I did get a S/C for $1500 so that is why im running my mouth.

SeanXtec

Reaction score
Well sounds like a good purchase, and gl on the install, but don't give me crap about having an auto trans...when you still have one as well.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
just wait around and u'll see the SC sale threads pop up from time to time for abt $1500... but the j32 swap is def nice tho... props bro :thumbsup:

SeanXtec

Reaction score
Thanks, I do want to SC it, but I don't want to pay out the a** for a new one from Comptech...the price jumps up to $5000 for the J32...So I've been trying to figure out a way to piece one together for cheaper...Though I might be waiting a few months before I buy one - Some of the guys over on acurazine and v6p are working on fitting the M90 onto the kit instead of using the M62, which would be...amazing.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Here's a CL-S Supercharged

cl1xl8.jpg

cl2pk3.jpg

cl3dk9.jpg

Last edited:

bsivoljr

Reaction score
As previously stated in your current position it's not worh it.
First you have to bullit proof the tranny and the only way to do that is to swap.
And the amount of power to the wheels you'll get from a supercharger is not worth the cost.
I posted a pic of a CL-S with a Supercharger but I can't find it

I disagree were talking supercharger here. For most SC were talking anywhere between 45% to 65% Hp gains. Thats definitely worth it and big. Im in a 95 though so Im not sure of the difference for the tranny. Besides if it goes out buy another one. The engine will be fine unless you run boost in it. I would just go natural with the supercharger, but some prefer boost. Honestly having a supercharger is like being on boost 24/7. So you make the call. I WANT THE INTERSECTION KILLER TOO

bigcoz

Reaction score
I disagree were talking supercharger here. For most SC were talking anywhere between 45% to 65% Hp gains. Thats definitely worth it and big. Im in a 95 though so Im not sure of the difference for the tranny. Besides if it goes out buy another one. The engine will be fine unless you run boost in it. I would just go natural with the supercharger, but some prefer boost. Honestly having a supercharger is like being on boost 24/7. So you make the call. I WANT THE INTERSECTION KILLER TOO

But when you start spending thousands of dollars,why not go with the better power adder,a turbocharger? If the purpose of the supercharger is performance,my opinion is to pick the better power adder. Obviously if you wanted to go all-out you rip your interior out.

btw whats the "Intersection Killer"?

SeanXtec

Reaction score
bsivoljer- the reason the SC is not always worth it on a 6th gen v6, is that there is only one supercharger in production for our cars...new costing $4000, and adding about 50hp...and a supercharger...is boost...air being forced into the engine = boost. But then I guess you contradict yourself in the next statement, so nevermind.

bigcoz- some people prefer the supercharger over the turbocharger because it is constantly on boost, and one must not worry about the dreaded turbo lag. With the supercharger, the power is always there. I think that's what he meant by "intersection killer".

bigcoz

Reaction score
Thanks man, i couldn't figure that one out lol:dunce:...i know the differences between a turbo and s/c,just can't justify spending thousands on one when i know for a similar amount of money i can have something i would consider better bro...its obviously a personal decision where you spend your money though.But if i were considering going down the "Performance" route with a 6th gen accord,even if i had a V6,i would be looking at how i can get a turbocharger under the hood.

Back