Superchargers???

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pounding in the firewall will not make a vehicle a salvage. Technically its illegal to do but no your car will not instantly be considered "salvaged". If the firewall is crushed in an auto accident, hell yea that car is salvaged.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
I dare say if your firewall is crushed in an auto accident, there wouldnt be much left of the front end of the car anyways..... would definitely be salvaged!! :lolhitting:

Other brilliant thing about the SC14 Supercharger, it can be fitted on a wide number of engines. It also doesn't require modifying of the intake plenum, or much in the way of massaging the body to fit in most places. It's slightly larger than an air conditioning pump unit - in fact you can use the air conditioning wiring to turn it on and off.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Basically the Piston Rings sit in a groove on the piston, the lands are the bits in between the piston rings (if that makes sense??)

Here's a picture to show what a failed one looks like: (non H22A ones but you get the idea)

pistons.jpg

I thought that's what they where I asked some of car savvy my buddies and they were like "no way, that can't be possible". How do you do something like that? geez!

GlassJAw

Reaction score
H22A pistons have Weak (see thin) Ring Lands, and with a good whick of boost up them they bust them out trying to compress the extra air / fuel mixture.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
its a common issue with honda tuners. i have removed plenty of cracked ringlands..... the real fun stuff to look for is detonation

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Don't know about the others, but I'm sure the Jackson Racing supercharger can't run an intercooler without some expensive mods. Charge air temps go through the roof when you load it up for a sustained period, simple way to combat that is to run a water / meth injection setup though..... so I guess thats not too bad.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I don't think anyone that is running each of those setups is close enough to each other to do a heads up comparison.

Back