Suspension noise (video included)

turbo_911

Reaction score
For some people man, you have to be even what you're not. It's the only way or people will take advantage of that and walk over you. At the end of the day you paid money for the product, it wasn't free. You worked for that money so you DESERVE it. You are NOT asking for anything more or less then what you deserve.

Yeah, true. I will see tomorrow, about that call....

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
If i had that sound i'd go fawking nuts and be ready to rip my hair off. Kudos to you for being able to live with it this long and keeping quite a cool attitude towards things.
Has Andy(AMR) gotten back to you or gotten in touch with you regarding making you 2 new rear dampers?
...If not i think you have lived with that noise long enough to REQUEST either a new PROPER working set of dampers or a REFUND. A lifetime warranty that takes months to occur doesn't sound like a warranty to me, not to consider lifetime. Yes YOU got "hooked" up with a set of coils for a low price compared to what they are advertised for but you didn't pay the low price so you'd get somewhat non-proper working coils and pretty much no help with your issues afterwards. It seems that your wait gets longer and longer with no results in sight.

I'd honestly say get the mechanic who did a shakedown on your car to sign a letter stating that he believes from his expertise that the sound is coming from the damper. In addition write up your own letter stating everything that has happened to you and attach emails and etc to it from your discussions with the seller. The more information you can document regarding the transaction and the issue the better it is for you. Get your statements and documents notarized if you have to. Put the videos you have recorded on a CD/DVD and with all the info/papers at hand call your credit card company and the better business bureau and start a file regarding this matter (http://www.bbb.org/us/).
It is up to you and i'm not sure how television stations work in your area or in WA where the seller is located but if i was you...i would even get in touch with them and let them know your story. Some local newspapers love certain type of news to. At the end of the day if you're getting no help while being nice and patient then try other means and ways. Would doing the above seem like taking things too far? Possibly but when you get no help and are left with no other options then you got to resort to all means and measures.

Good luck buddy and i hope you get this issue resolved quickly without much more headaches being caused to you.

You wasted 10 minutes of your life to write that. It's not like I am not trying to help the guy out. I've been helping him out since DAY 1. Let's remember I am the one calling him, not him calling me. Any delays till now has been him as far as communication. I even called him this morning to check to see what is up. If he has not put the dampers on that I had already sent out the SAME DAY I SPOKE TO HIM that is not my fault. Your making this issue way bigger than it is, especially with the fact your recommending him to take all that action for what? What exactly have I done for him to even think of going that direction. Have I ignored him, did I state that I would not help him, did I screw him, did I leave him hanging even after inspecting the coilovers? NO, NO, NO and another NO. He paid for a product, but your talking about a noise that can be anything!! ANYTHING!! And it is my job to figure out if that noise is coming from our dampers. I did EVERYTHING in my power to isolate the problem with the time I was given. If I had a lil more time I would have taken the next step and actually put them on the car rather than just running them on the dyno. I don't know who installed these, I don't know the history of his car. That would be the next logical step to see if they would make the same noise on another 6th gen accord. Unfortunately it's not like I can snap my fingers and just have a 6th gen pop in my shop. For us to simply take apart a shock for nothing, and on top of that skip that step would be stupid not just for us, but for our future customers. This has NEVER happened before, so why would I just guess on what the problem MIGHT be.

The fact I took the time to not only purchase the materials, but to pay my guys to machine a brand new set of rear dampers even when I personally have not seen a single problem in front of my own 2 eyes with his current set should show you that I actually give a ****. So keep that stupid nonsense out of this thread because your blowing this out of proportion.

We both have busy schedules, but I have to take the correct steps to isolate, and figure out the problem if there is one, and take the steps in which I feel will figure out what is going on. Again, the fact that I am sending him 2 new dampers rather than taking apart his old ones is totally not how we do things, but I am trying to work with his needs and his schedule, and I know for a fact any other company would have not gone as far as we have. We make high quality dampers, we can't just make another set of dampers for nothing, and just send them out to replace old ones when we have not even determined if the old ones are the issue. I never claimed that there could not be a problem, but there are again steps that need to be taken so we can make sure were not missing something. This has NEVER happened before, so why on earth would I assume that my dampers would be at fault for a noise that can very well be something on his car.

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
You wasted 10 minutes of your life to write that. It's not like I am not trying to help the guy out. I've been helping him out since DAY 1. Let's remember I am the one calling him, not him calling me. Any delays till now has been him as far as communication. I even called him this morning to check to see what is up. If he has not put the dampers on that I had already sent out the SAME DAY I SPOKE TO HIM that is not my fault. Your making this issue way bigger than it is, especially with the fact your recommending him to take all that action for what? What exactly have I done for him to even think of going that direction. Have I ignored him, did I state that I would not help him, did I screw him, did I leave him hanging even after inspecting the coilovers? NO, NO, NO and another NO. He paid for a product, but your talking about a noise that can be anything!! ANYTHING!! And it is my job to figure out if that noise is coming from our dampers. I did EVERYTHING in my power to isolate the problem with the time I was given. If I had a lil more time I would have taken the next step and actually put them on the car rather than just running them on the dyno. I don't know who installed these, I don't know the history of his car. That would be the next logical step to see if they would make the same noise on another 6th gen accord. Unfortunately it's not like I can snap my fingers and just have a 6th gen pop in my shop. For us to simply take apart a shock for nothing, and on top of that skip that step would be stupid not just for us, but for our future customers. This has NEVER happened before, so why would I just guess on what the problem MIGHT be.

The fact I took the time to not only purchase the materials, but to pay my guys to machine a brand new set of rear dampers even when I personally have not seen a single problem in front of my own 2 eyes with his current set should show you that I actually give a ****. So keep that stupid nonsense out of this thread because your blowing this out of proportion.

We both have busy schedules, but I have to take the correct steps to isolate, and figure out the problem if there is one, and take the steps in which I feel will figure out what is going on. Again, the fact that I am sending him 2 new dampers rather than taking apart his old ones is totally not how we do things, but I am trying to work with his needs and his schedule, and I know for a fact any other company would have not gone as far as we have. We make high quality dampers, we can't just make another set of dampers for nothing, and just send them out to replace old ones when we have not even determined if the old ones are the issue. I never claimed that there could not be a problem, but there are again steps that need to be taken so we can make sure were not missing something. This has NEVER happened before, so why on earth would I assume that my dampers would be at fault for a noise that can very well be something on his car.
Hey Andy,
Thanks for taking the time to reply and clearfully portraying your side of events and story. The only issue is that what i suggested above was to be pursued only IF he was getting no help from you.

Please, allow me to quote
Has Andy(AMR) gotten back to you or gotten in touch with you regarding making you 2 new rear dampers?
...If not i think
Lastly, no seconds (not even considering minutes) of my life are ever wasted :). I do appreciate the care and worry towards them though.
Once again, all the best and good luck with your products and hope everything goes smooth with the new work location with no more issues.

Some things i might say though and any1 please do jump in and correct me if i am wrong.
1.Both parties have called and talked to each other not just 1 way around. Possibly turbo_911 has actually tried contacing you more.
2.He send the coils in for a couple of weeks i beleive so he tried to work things out even though it meant trouble for him.
3.I reccomended him to take that action if he wasn't being helped when he paid what he did for the coils, and if he wasnt HE SHOULD TAKE THAT ACTION.
4.Lets be adults and not offend any-one with insults
5.Just because something hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can never happen. **** happens, thats life.

Last edited:

turbo_911

Reaction score
Yes they did make it in, Thank you Andy.

Andy did called me (around 4pm my time) However I missed the call as I was figuring some other problem out. Then I went to Choir (yes I sing as a tenor in church, lol) and now just came back.

I put them on, on Saturday and I got rid of big clunking but I still have some other noise coming from somewhere not sure where. I put a thick piece of towel (cut out) between top mount and body where it connects, put another piece between endlink JUST to make sure its not touching (endlinks aren't touching as I bought new ones and new sway bar with bushings), so that is eliminated. I have new lower arms for camber and toe which leaves only old part is the upper control arm. I checked it and it is in very good condition.

With that said, I went for a drive and noise is still there. No I don't know what could that be, as I said earlier, the louder "clunk" got eliminated when I changed to new damper (and I did tighten everything when collecting coils back together) but still makes me wonder as what is wrong. What most pisses me off is that I can't figure out what's wrong, otherwise I would of fixed it.

Oh and if Andy reads this, I am sending back my old dampers tomorrow, and will email the tracking number.

EDIT:

Only two options left are silicon spray or get new coils from somewhere, a different brand and figure out if they make the noise.

And yes I did test on full soft and when turning to full stiff, it get really really loud (the noise)

Last edited:
Back