Suspension noise (video included)

turbo_911

Reaction score
Have you raised the car back to factory height??

Every Accord owner who has lowered their car that I have spoken with - has SOME sort of noise.

Yes, I raised my car in the back to stock height with same coils and it still made the noise.

It is coming from the top of the coil and it did get louder now.

Millz

Reaction score
since they did make noise at stock height... would it be beneficial to use stock springs and struts at stock height to see if you experience the same issue?

prob not since it seems like you've exhausted all your methods here

anyways, ive been following the thread, very unfortunate that this happened

turbo_911

Reaction score
Well, maybe you missed, but I tried two different setups and no noise was experienced. Tried stock shocks with stock springs, and stock shocks with lowering springs (the same height as I am right now) and there was no noise.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
since they did make noise at stock height... would it be beneficial to use stock springs and struts at stock height to see if you experience the same issue?

prob not since it seems like you've exhausted all your methods here

anyways, ive been following the thread, very unfortunate that this happened

I believe he put his stock struts and springs back on and the noise went away...

Did you try and put like a foam piece between the top hat and strut tower yet? Try that out and see what happens..

Millz

Reaction score
Well, maybe you missed, but I tried two different setups and no noise was experienced. Tried stock shocks with stock springs, and stock shocks with lowering springs (the same height as I am right now) and there was no noise.

gotcha, totally missed that

anyways, its been an interesting read... hope you get it resolved

turbo_911

Reaction score
I believe he put his stock struts and springs back on and the noise went away...

Did you try and put like a foam piece between the top hat and strut tower yet? Try that out and see what happens..

Oh, haven't thought of that. I'll be sure and try it. Thank you for suggestion, but will see what the result will be though. :)

gotcha, totally missed that

anyways, its been an interesting read... hope you get it resolved

thank you, and yeah already tired of figuring what it could be.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Just decided to add a new video I made today, driving on parking lot around 5mph and you can hear small thumps, and then as I speed up, it gets louder

001Stunna

Reaction score
If i had that sound i'd go fawking nuts and be ready to rip my hair off. Kudos to you for being able to live with it this long and keeping quite a cool attitude towards things.
Has Andy(AMR) gotten back to you or gotten in touch with you regarding making you 2 new rear dampers?
...If not i think you have lived with that noise long enough to REQUEST either a new PROPER working set of dampers or a REFUND. A lifetime warranty that takes months to occur doesn't sound like a warranty to me, not to consider lifetime. Yes YOU got "hooked" up with a set of coils for a low price compared to what they are advertised for but you didn't pay the low price so you'd get somewhat non-proper working coils and pretty much no help with your issues afterwards. It seems that your wait gets longer and longer with no results in sight.

I'd honestly say get the mechanic who did a shakedown on your car to sign a letter stating that he believes from his expertise that the sound is coming from the damper. In addition write up your own letter stating everything that has happened to you and attach emails and etc to it from your discussions with the seller. The more information you can document regarding the transaction and the issue the better it is for you. Get your statements and documents notarized if you have to. Put the videos you have recorded on a CD/DVD and with all the info/papers at hand call your credit card company and the better business bureau and start a file regarding this matter (http://www.bbb.org/us/).
It is up to you and i'm not sure how television stations work in your area or in WA where the seller is located but if i was you...i would even get in touch with them and let them know your story. Some local newspapers love certain type of news to. At the end of the day if you're getting no help while being nice and patient then try other means and ways. Would doing the above seem like taking things too far? Possibly but when you get no help and are left with no other options then you got to resort to all means and measures.

Good luck buddy and i hope you get this issue resolved quickly without much more headaches being caused to you.

Last edited:

turbo_911

Reaction score
Well, I kind of have to live with that noise for now, because I use my car EVERYDAY.

About contacting Andy, haven't had a chance, as I was sick last week, and when I got better, I had a car detailed, then had exams and had to study, then had to fix computers lol. By the time I finish its late, when I get home I am tired and haven't had a chance to call yet.

I will probably call tomorrow and ask for a new set to be delivered to my house. Thing is I don't like that I have to pay for both shippings back and forth, so I don't mind paying the one when I send the old coils. Why I don't like paying? Because its not my fault that I got faulty rear coils.

As for your advices, I appreciate, but I don't want to go that far lol. I am not that type :p

Also, refund is not available/possible, only fix. I guess I will try to call tomorrow, if I won't forget and will have time and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for help and concern though :)

001Stunna

Reaction score
As for your advices, I appreciate, but I don't want to go that far lol. I am not that type :p

For some people man, you have to be even what you're not. It's the only way or people will take advantage of that and walk over you. At the end of the day you paid money for the product, it wasn't free. You worked for that money so you DESERVE it. You are NOT asking for anything more or less then what you deserve.

Back