suspension thoughts

guitarman540

Reaction score
so i have come to the realization that i cant afford to do a lot of things to my accord at this time but i really want to lower it. i was wondering what, from your experiences, would be the most cost effective option for a drop. ride quality would be nice but not necessary. any opinions would help

001Stunna

Reaction score
Well from cheapest to most expensive
-Cut your springs on stock shocks :)icon_axe: NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL)
-Get lowering springs and pair them with stock shocks (Don't go too low with this method as you'll end up blowing your shocks)
-Get lowering springs with aftermarket shocks
-Get coilovers such as ff1, tein basic, ksport, ff2, , tein ss, ff2.5

Best idea would be to wait if you don't have the funds and look around the classifieds area for members selling their coilovers or current setup.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
be patient, some one will sell some used ones for cheap and then you can pick up a good set for cheap

imaricer:)

Reaction score
torch ur stock springs. it will heat them up and an make them weaker which will lower your car, downside is they will be weaker and your car is gonna bounce like a mofo which will put a lot of stress on the shocks... just save up for some coilovers or get some tein basic lowering springs...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Why are people even mentioning bad ideas.

OP, suspension is one area where you do not want to cheap out. Doing so will cost you more time and money in the long run. Keep saving your money and do it right the first time. Take a look at the suspension review thread in the meantime, as well as searching around the site. Numerous setups have been discussed before.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
making your springs weak is the best idea? i would much rather cut them than have springs as strong as a marshmellow.

type 1's are $595 i believe. save up for that and you won't regret it. buying everything like struts and springs will cost you the same or a little bit under the type 1's anyway.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13950

dude why do u always twist my shiz around??? i never said that was the best idea.

i said save for coil overs or get tein drop springs.

Back