sway bar end links effing blow

mraw112

Reaction score
so im trying to take off my sway bar end links to go back to stock springs. I start to take off the nut on the sway bar end link and i get the nut about 2mm from being flush with the bolt and what happens? The damn hex inside the bolt gets rounded out. i used about a half a can of liquid wrench on it and tried cleaning the treads with a wire brush before i started too. now i have to fuking saw the damn thing off now. and of course i can get the reciprocating saw in there so i foresee a fun filled 2 hours with the hack saw. I really wish someone would steal my car tonight. :furious:

finch13

Reaction score
Why do you need to remove the links to change springs? I didn't even tough them to drop my car...

Do you have an angle grinder? I used that to grind through them and it was quick and painless.

mraw112

Reaction score
no angle grinder. and its the top part of the endlink, so not as much room. is there away to disconnect the bolt from the rotatable housing end?

finch13

Reaction score
You can take out the bolt holding the strut to the hub and then remove the other bolt near it holding that plate (that the link is bolted to) to the hub, and then just take both plates and brackets off and grind them off somewhere besides on the car. That's how I did it.

mraw112

Reaction score
ill try that. the other problem is, i dont want to have to pay for another one. I ill try grinding the nut off and put a die on the bolt to clean it. if i cant get it back on i might run sway bar less.

mraw112

Reaction score
lol, 2 hours with a hacksaw? maybe.....if youre retarded. i sawed thru that **** in like 15 minutes, tops.

I know im just btching right now.

If i can remove it from the car it wont be that bad, and hopefully all i have to replace is a nut. 20$ is a lot of money for me right now. i have no hours at work :sad:

Back