SykVSyx - and so it begins....

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I would get it made here at a local place/the shop that is doing the swap. I would just give them the info that Don posted.

I sent Andy a pm to see if he would give me more info about the bends/lengths. He did mention it was a 3 piece setup, I just need to clarify the other two things before I order.

Will let you know.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Ah. Missed that. I am the very definition of TLDR. :lawl:

Great plans. Port matching is what I thought it was, I'm just use to hearing it called "boring out".

I'd consider doing some of those plans, just don't want to bother with tuning. At least right now.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I alway saw boring being referred to what gets done to the throttle body.

I really have no idea what the combination of all this will get me, but I am hopeful the numbers will be pretty decent.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Basically port matching is boring of the smaller opening to match the larger opening. So if the opening on the intake is this (0) and the opening on the head is this (O) then you would bore the opening of the intake to (O) to match. But just around the opening and then fade it into the runner.
||
(0)
To:
||
(O)
Where boring (as in whats happening to his throttle body) would make the runners larger as well so if the intake looked like this:
|| Runner
(0) Port
You'd bore it to:
| |
(O)

Not sure if those graphics help, but maybe?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Thanks Alex.

I am actually not sure that the headers will need to be opened up any more, since they are aftermarket, but I am taking all of the parts to the shop just in case.

Still haven't confirmed whether the high flow cat will provide any benefit with the WSII exhaust. Anyone know?

Jefe02

Reaction score
I would get it made here at a local place/the shop that is doing the swap. I would just give them the info that Don posted.

I sent Andy a pm to see if he would give me more info about the bends/lengths. He did mention it was a 3 piece setup, I just need to clarify the other two things before I order.

Will let you know.

Sounds good. I was just wondering what you do with the hoses going to the intake when using a custom intake.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I will probably have to drive the car in the winter on occasion, but definately not on days it snows, so I will need the coolant line hooked up.

The shop I am going to take it to should be able to sort out the lines and make sure everything is up and running.

Someone posted in the thread about the blocking plate and VTEC not working when the plate is used for the IACV, but I don't plan on blocking anything off.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I will probably have to drive the car in the winter on occasion, but definately not on days it snows, so I will need the coolant line hooked up.

The shop I am going to take it to should be able to sort out the lines and make sure everything is up and running.

Someone posted in the thread about the blocking plate and VTEC not working when the plate is used for the IACV, but I don't plan on blocking anything off.

Everything will work fine if the IACV blocked off. Mines blocked off.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I am sure it will, but I need to have mine hooked up, so I have to make sure the adaptor plate accomodates that.

I may ask Don from RPM Systems, if he can make one for me that will allow me to do that, depending on the price.

Reaction score
I am sure it will, but I need to have mine hooked up, so I have to make sure the adaptor plate accomodates that.

I may ask Don from RPM Systems, if he can make one for me that will allow me to do that, depending on the price.

Dons a good guy and he doesn't over charge. I would just call him, you'll contact him quicker and be more direct.

Back