Talk about quality.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
FINALLY someone not drinking the kool-aid.

I was lied to as well, if anyone's counting.

The defending has gone on so long..... I'm just grateful that I backed out when I did. God knows if it was me that happened to have a problem with my set, it wouldn't have gone well.

If it is in fact an isolated incident (BOTH bolts broke :eh:) then fine.... Andy should help him out and get new bolts in there and everyone can move on.

But you cant move on about the unexplainable noises....
Or the Lifetime Warrantee that will never be backed up.
Kind of funny how everyone decides that anything I say is "defending" Andy. I am pointing out the obvious, and I am in pretty much the same boat as anyone else with the same problems. This is becoming a headache for me too, I tried to help a lot of people out, getting them some coilovers (which I was under the impression) that are high quality. I've seen them first hand on three different sets, and one of the cars that I've driven on in them I practically consider one of my own cars since whenever it's available I drive it. Been to Arizona and back twice on those coilovers, among other places, and they were fine. Never heard a single complaint from any prior CG owners before, and they were perfect up until this group buy. Sorry that I took the time to do something for this god forsaken chassis since it's dead in the water anyways. This is the same kind of crap with the rear window spoilers too. I went through trouble for two freakin' years just to get a new part made the CG and 80% of people flaked out. I put myself on the line as well as Andy, thinking that things would pan out well. I don't even know why I bother sometimes... My input though, must not matter at this point. The situation stinks, and I'm just as much a part of it as Slava is. I would say that if anything, the problem isn't so much with the product, as it is with certain behavioral issues with Andy. I will agree that some of the posts I have read online are quite questionable. I'm just trying to be completely fair in these threads because they always turn out exactly how this one is, a bunch of guys who have never even seen these things up close or know anything about what they're talking about, hopping on the bandwagon and just going off on tangents that don't have anything to do with the thread. If anything, all the nut hugging comments should be directed towards a lot of you guys doing that to each other.

Once everyone gets their things fixed it should be fine. I'm a little disappointed at the whole thing really, because like I said, I'm a part of this like Slava is. It also makes me look bad, but who could blame this entire thing on me right?... Slava and I have been talking about different ways to get everything resolved even without Andy's input.

Sorry for this post but I'm tired of taking the heat when there's no real reason for it.

av6g6

Reaction score
Kind of funny how everyone decides that anything I say is "defending" Andy. I am pointing out the obvious, and I am in pretty much the same boat as anyone else with the same problems. This is becoming a headache for me too, I tried to help a lot of people out, getting them some coilovers (which I was under the impression) that are high quality. I've seen them first hand on three different sets, and one of the cars that I've driven on in them I practically consider one of my own cars since whenever it's available I drive it. Been to Arizona and back twice on those coilovers, among other places, and they were fine. Never heard a single complaint from any prior CG owners before, and they were perfect up until this group buy. Sorry that I took the time to do something for this god forsaken chassis since it's dead in the water anyways. This is the same kind of crap with the rear window spoilers too. I went through trouble for two freakin' years just to get a new part made the CG and 80% of people flaked out. I put myself on the line as well as Andy, thinking that things would pan out well. I don't even know why I bother sometimes... My input though, must not matter at this point. The situation stinks, and I'm just as much a part of it as Slava is. I would say that if anything, the problem isn't so much with the product, as it is with certain behavioral issues with Andy. I will agree that some of the posts I have read online are quite questionable. I'm just trying to be completely fair in these threads because they always turn out exactly how this one is, a bunch of guys who have never even seen these things up close or know anything about what they're talking about, hopping on the bandwagon and just going off on tangents that don't have anything to do with the thread. If anything, all the nut hugging comments should be directed towards a lot of you guys doing that to each other.

Once everyone gets their things fixed it should be fine. I'm a little disappointed at the whole thing really, because like I said, I'm a part of this like Slava is. It also makes me look bad, but who could blame this entire thing on me right?... Slava and I have been talking about different ways to get everything resolved even without Andy's input.

Sorry for this post but I'm tired of taking the heat when there's no real reason for it.

I don't think anyone's really blaming you, but it doesn't take owning the product to see the borken parts and listen to those who are not satisfied. I read the thread you wrote about your first impressions of these and how they were the best thing you've ever had. That's probably why everyone's saying you are defending him. All in all though I think it just comes down to waiting to see what Andy says. I for one am glad I decided to go with f2 in the first place.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Ok guys, apparently allen screws warranty doesn't cover. Home Depot is the cheapest place to buy them even though they don't really fit lol. Apparently the original ones are M6x1.25 and I looked everywhere and couldn't find it, even online at some hardware stores. The only closest one I found was M6x1.00 which threads are a bit closer.

I had some problem taking out the rest of the bold first as it wasn't easy and EZ-Out doesn't work. Now if anyone will have the same problem just telling you guys, drilling them won't work either.

However I did find a solution to take them out. Went to Lowes and bought some really thin pliers and long ones.
820909539612lg.jpg

You would think why did I buy pliers? Well, I grind them off a bit until I got something like this.
DSC05701.jpg

DSC05702.jpg

Once I did that, it was easy to fit in the small distance between two sides of the collar.
Here's what I mean by that.

collar.jpg

Then you have to be really strong to grab the bolt and twist it up, took me some effort but mission was accomplished. That is the easiest and cheapest way to do.

Then I took allen screw that I bought in Home Depot and screw it in and it fitted and went in smoothly.

Now if someone will mess up that collar, Andy charges $30 for one if you want a new one.

Once I pre-loaded springs some more, the CLUNKIN SOUND IS STILL THERE... ARGHHH lol

well I decided to put my camera under the car and record where the sound is coming from, while I was jumping in my trunk lol.

Here's the outcome, though I and not sure where its coming from... The video is FUNNY so you can laugh... HAHA

Also the swishing sound makes the coilover itself. As you can see the endlinks and shocks don't move but something else is making that banging sound...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v331/turboboxer/?action=view&current=MOV05700.mp4

Oh and Kevin, I think we should look into those rubber things if that turns out the springs are hitting top/bottom collar, but I am not sure after looking at the video lol.

Raymond

Reaction score
It's funny, I never posted this on the forums because I didn't want to sound like a dick, but I mentioned to LeeAnn a while back (when everyone was waiting for their coils) that it would be ****ed up if all these people got screwed into paying top-dollar for these coil overs made by a brand I'd never heard of and they ended up falling apart. I figured I'd wait until more than two people had actual reviews of these things on our cars, and now it's safe to say I'll never buy an AMR product.

And this BS of "bolts and bushings not covered under warranty" and the guy telling people to go to Home Depot to buy replacement parts is just crap. If I paid +/- $1k for a set of thebestcoiloversevar I'd be pretty pissed if I had little bolts breaking, collars coming loose, and strange noises that I couldn't identify. This whole situation is crap.

Raymond

Reaction score
^I forgot to mention that. Those collars look like shiny versions of the ones on my Ground Control sleeves --> which I paid a couple hundred bucks for... and haven't broken... or come loose... or made noise.....

:jerkit:

001Stunna

Reaction score
m6x1x16mm works on mine and fits perfectly actually...1.25 was too big so i doubt those are the originals, took me 3 hours driving around today to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back