Talk about quality.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Andy, if i may say...i believe the issue isn't just 2 bolts getting broken as yea 2 bolts is 2 bolts even though its a weird coincidence that both get broken one after another, just that the 2 bolts breaking would mean that perch could spin while going over bumps etc now. Now add to that the clanking noise users have, with the endlink rubbing etc...causes some little things to built into one big thing...especially when every1 expected these coils to be better then the rest and why ppl paid the money they paid for them.

From my view, yes the bolts can be replaced but for some they may not be as easy to find, hence make some ppl aggitated. Personally it took me awhileee to find them today going from one store to the other but i found them and they were 30c each. The endlink rubbing issue is another that i guess can add more to that agitation but sure it may be fixed by adding 2-3 washers and moving the endlink out of the way a bit but it would've been nice if it didn't rub.

For me my main concern is the clanking noise, and the fact that nothing else keeps that spring perch from spinning and moving then those tiny allen bolts.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
AMR Engineering said:
I'm not sure exactly what the problem here is. Your asking me to replace something via text? Why on earth would you not pick up the phone and ask me directly and talk with me about the situation? The situation is simple. You broke the 2 bolts, I have no problem replacing them, but I ask you to pay for shipping. I told you it was probably cheaper to find them locally which they are cause I don't use anything exotic. Most people can go to the hardware store and find 2 allen head bolts.

So here are the facts, out of the many years I have been doing this I have replaced a total of 5 bolts which now makes a total of 7. That is pretty damn good considering the amount of those same bolts we run through. Actually now that I think about it 1 person on here misplaced 1 so that will be a total of 8, but I believe he is just going to his local hardware store. What is the exact big deal here? Do you know the exact number of failures of this bolt? Have you seen any other customers post about this on any other forum for that matter? NO!! So stop your ASSUMPTIONS. It is unfortunate that this customer broke 2 of them, but that is kinda odd from where I am standing considering the how rare these break. So while you guys are freaking out, I'm pretty calm since I've replaced less than 10 of these in 5 years.

The problem is, the bolts broke. PERIOD. He paid a chunk of money for some "nice" coilovers and a simple thing like a bolt broke while he was removing the bolt.

Seems like you really don't care at all IMO. You made enough money from him off the coils, why not just send him replacment bolts for free instead of making him spend MORE money and time to go buy them himself? Your just making the cusomter fix your parts failure.

And it seems like probelms keep stacking up for certain customers... Clanking noises, rubbing issues, etc.

Just seems like you kept using the same beefy spring perch for each vehicle application and just "hoped" it would clear without rubbing.

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
The lack of input on his part isn't helping him at all. BTW how do you know that?

See this is the kinda crap I am talking about. I am typing up a responce, trying to read the entire thread..and I can't even read a freaking post without someone being a smart ***!!! On top of that I was talking to the customer via text, why do I need to even post in this thread at all.

And Canadian, I want a public apology from you, and anyone else that accused me of not shipping your coilovers and jumping on your bandwagon off bull s.h.i.t. or else be quiet! Here is the receipt of when your coilovers were shipped as I stated MULTIPLE TIMES! I am so glad I refunded your money, this is the crap I gotta deal with from you.

canadianreceipt.jpg

The only thing that should be coming out of your mouth is either sorry, or nothing. You got your money back..period. Done.

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
The problem is, the bolts broke. PERIOD. He paid a chunk of money for some "nice" coilovers and a simple thing like a bolt broke while he was removing the bolt.

Seems like you really don't care at all IMO. You made enough money from him off the coils, why not just send him replacment bolts for free instead of making him spend MORE money and time to go buy them himself? Your just making the cusomter fix your parts failure.

How do I know who's fault it is when I screw those same bolts myself when I am putting the coilovers together. On top of that this is like the total of 8 bolts in 5 years!! Your just trying to start **** again on things you don't know about or the exact details to. You keep getting owned, and you just won't quit LOL. Shut up already man.

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
Andy, if i may say...i believe the issue isn't just 2 bolts getting broken as yea 2 bolts is 2 bolts even though its a weird coincidence that both get broken one after another, just that the 2 bolts breaking would mean that perch could spin while going over bumps etc now. Now add to that the clanking noise users have, with the endlink rubbing etc...causes some little things to built into one big thing...especially when every1 expected these coils to be better then the rest and why ppl paid the money they paid for them.

From my view, yes the bolts can be replaced but for some they may not be as easy to find, hence make some ppl aggitated. Personally it took me awhileee to find them today going from one store to the other but i found them and they were 30c each. The endlink rubbing issue is another that i guess can add more to that agitation but sure it may be fixed by adding 2-3 washers and moving the endlink out of the way a bit but it would've been nice if it didn't rub.

For me my main concern is the clanking noise, and the fact that nothing else keeps that spring perch from spinning and moving then those tiny allen bolts.

I understand your concern, but I've never had a issue with those perches, and this is how many manufacturers do it. I told you the bolts could be had locally for cheap. I have no problem shipping anyone bolts, but let us be realistc here. You really wanna wait for snail mail to come by with a replacement bolt. If safety is such a issue and you want to get your car running then running to the hardware store should not be a big deal. There is so many ways to look at this. I appreciate your contacting us, and as I said I have no problem sending you a bolt, but when I spoke to you..you sounded like you needed it in a hurry...like today hurry lol.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
AMR Engineering said:
How do I know who's fault it is when I screw those same bolts myself when I am putting the coilovers together. On top of that this is like the total of 8 bolts in 5 years!! Your just trying to start **** again on things you don't know about or the exact details to. You keep getting owned, and you just won't quit LOL. Shut up already man.

I'm not getting owned. You just don't know how to run a bussiness correctly.

I'll stay out of this thread for civil reasons. Hope you guys figure out the problems with these coils. Good luck to ya

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
nothing.

pm sent. this doesnt need to happen here.

Actually it does cause your *** was talking smack on another thread in which didn't need your crap and accusations! I not only paid the shipping, but it was only 1 day after you even e-mailed me if I would pay for shipping. A day after we talked via e-mail! I shipped them before I could even reply to your e-mail..yet I shipped them for free without even notifying you. You owe me a apology. simple as that!

001Stunna

Reaction score
I understand your concern, but I've never had a issue with those perches, and this is how many manufacturers do it. I told you the bolts could be had locally for cheap. I have no problem shipping anyone bolts, but let us be realistc here. You really wanna wait for snail mail to come by with a replacement bolt. If safety is such a issue and you want to get your car running then running to the hardware store should not be a big deal. There is so many ways to look at this. I appreciate your contacting us, and as I said I have no problem sending you a bolt, but when I spoke to you..you sounded like you needed it in a hurry...like today hurry lol.

Understood on the above, my only questions that would stand is...
#1 would you be able to provide any sort of rubber silencer to be applied to the springs, (ie. something like the ones mentioned a few posts above by me)?
#2 would you be able to provide (to those that want them) four locking nuts/perches(like those that lock the lower mount), and if so what cost would these be at to the customer?
#3 if that little sticker below the rubber protector wears off from weather/wear&tear and what not, would that actually mean warranty would be void?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back