TCC Solenoid

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
I'll probably just pick up those parts anyways. How much do they usually cost?
And where can I find these diagrams? They're really helpful

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Okay I didn't catch that there.
I found out where they were but didn't get a chance to do it today. They're like right on top of the trans underneath the intake.
BTW it was a V6.
Thanks a lot man hopefully this will fix my trans and keep it from slipping.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Since Feb. my trans has been slipping from 1st to 2nd only, too. Hasn't gotten any better or worse even with my trans cooler. I wonder if this would fix my issue :thinking:

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Since Feb. my trans has been slipping from 1st to 2nd only, too. Hasn't gotten any better or worse even with my trans cooler. I wonder if this would fix my issue :thinking:

If your check engine light is on and pulls a code for the torque converter clutch not engaging then I'd give it a try.
Hopefully I can get to it tomorrow so I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
If your check engine light is on and pulls a code for the torque converter clutch not engaging then I'd give it a try.
Hopefully I can get to it tomorrow so I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.

yeahhh unfortunately I have no CEL's

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
you could be having a code for 2nd clutch pressure switch. it will not illuminate the cel though and can only be read if you actually scan for it.

I read your post about that in another thread so a few weeks ago I decided to scan my car and it still showed up with no codes. :(

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Sounds like you better start saving for a new trans :ughrun:

Yesterday I got the bigger solenoid (the one on the right in my pics) on my car, those little bolts are a ***** to get to because of that metal tube right above it. Didn't get to the second one because I ran out of light though.

It's still slipping but much less and at a higher rpm rather than 1500-2500rpms.

The second solenoid has a big plastic piece with a bunch of wires and stuff going in and out of it, how can I get that off to make more room? It's right underneath the radiator pipes also which is even more of a pain. For the one I just took out the battery and the plate under the battery and that was sufficient.

Back