The opposite of slammed

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Didn't feel like reading the other comments, but buy a kia sportage or ford explorer for a fun winter beater

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

mx5kev

Reaction score
I dont know how you could do that, but an Accord outback would look pretty cool. There's maybe au way to fit longer shocks and springs on the car, maybe they exists on some other Honda??

twofast4u

Reaction score
I dont know how you could do that, but an Accord outback would look pretty cool. There's maybe au way to fit longer shocks and springs on the car, maybe they exists on some other Honda??

yea maybe retro CRV suspension or something. I'm in Ontario too, and I'm on lowering springs for the winter. Its still holding up ok. Haven't gotten stuck yet!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
LT215/75R15

A lil wider abour 3" taller (1.5" lift) speedo off around 10%, easily avail. Get another set of stealies for the winter. I would've gone narrower, but gl finding em. I fit 9" wide wheels on a 2.5" drop with stock fenders (basically rallied) so itshould be fine.

CRV = civic wagon, with body lift

mx5kev

Reaction score
I was more thinking about looking for some Honda with the same kind of suspension, maybe legends, have longer shocks meaning that once fitted on the accord it should lift it.

Nobody has done a cross country coupé, only wagon, like Audi A6 allroad, Volvo Xc70 or Legacy Outback, I imagine an awd Accord V6 with big unpainted bumpers and protected chassis, kinda like the Porsche for Dakar Race in the 80's :)

Dakar-1986-2.jpg

tch_popeye

Reaction score
The lifted Porsche looks mean. I really like it!

I don't get stuck either on a regular basis either, and certainly not if I'm driving like the average person. The last time it happened was on the backroads up around deep snow country in Parry Sound. But realize that having a low bumper also discourages ramming into unplowed parking lots and ridges of drifted snow. Simply oversizing the tires would gain a bit. Wider is probably *not* better as this isn't an all-wheel drive platform - keeping the tires as close to 195 or 205 wide as possible helps them cut down through deep snow instead of floating, cuz if you float you don't have enough traction to drag the limp rear end through the same deep snow.

I've been catching up on back issues Top Gear America, and just watched Season 3 Episode 5 or 6, in which Tanner jacks up the suspension on his Lincoln. Bad A$$!

-Trev

mx5kev

Reaction score
Yep, at least, up to 15/20 cm of snow, the original ground clearance is enough I think.

By the way with 225 wide winter Tyres, I didn't have much trouble to climb up to the ski resort Under Snowy conditions.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
If you lift the suspension, you need a 'reverse' camber kit. Since honda's only have toe adjustable...

With double wishbone, raised the top (wheel, ie: ball joint) will come in, so you'll need to go out. Actually, both arms come in, the track width gets smaller, so move the inside mounting points all down (uca, lca, steering rack, shaft, strut, now rear :( ).

Or tall tires.

Back