threw code P0420 bad cat

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
so the secondary O2 sensor is only to check the functionality of the cat, and has nothing to do with A/F ratios?

any awful smell from not running a Cat?

finch13

Reaction score
No to #1.

Sort of to #2... it's not fully gone yet, it's just "below efficiency" as the code says. Once in a while it'll give off a good old rotten egg smell and a puff of black smoke.

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
what ive really wanted to ask is WHERE did you get those rims? i know you wont tell, but im absolutely in love with them :jerkit:

finch13

Reaction score
What exactly did you do? High flow cat? Test pipe?

Did you **** with the primary O2 sensor in the header or the second sensor on the cat? Only the primary should put it into limp mode. I believe the accessory/radio fuse is the one that resets the ECU... if not, disconnect the negative battery cable for a minute or so.

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
i havent touched anything yet. im planning on disabling the secondary O2 tmrw. so reset the ecu and it should take it out of limp mode?

finch13

Reaction score
Well usually there's a CEL involved with limp mode. I think it's an entirely different problem.

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
reset the ECU and took it for a 20 min drive. rolled through the gears a few times. VTEC seems to kick in and out above 4500rpm...no CEL as of yet, but itll show up soon. vtec solinoid? yes my oil is topped up and all that ;)

Latest posts

Back