Tires! which brand?

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I have Kumho 711 on my car now...lasted roughly 2 1/2 years...maybe 20,000 miles not sure

But i just ordered some Falken Ziex Ze-512 for my car yesterday..getting them put on this weekend....i heard they were hte best out there for hte money

kapao818

Reaction score
i have falken ziex 512s for my daily driving tires and they are still looking quite good even with my race alignment. they have a soft sidewall which give a nice and comfy ride but grip isn't the best (better than stock tires though) but i got these tires for daily driving and not autoX/track. they grip well enough for freeway on ramps etc. etc. where you aren't pushing 10/10 (you shouldn't anyways). i think they are pretty damn good for their price.
the falken rt-615s are one of the grippiest steet tires out there but if you drive super hard on them (autoX, track) then they will wear out pretty fast. but if you just daily drive on them they will last quite a while actually (like 50k-70k miles depending on your alignment) they have a stiff sidewall which is nice when cornering since it makes the turn in feel more crisp. they are actually the grippiest when they are about the cord. :p
my friend had kumho MX. they lasted quite a while too but not as grippy as the rt-615. they have a medium sidewall stiffiness. not quite soft but not quite stiff as the rt-615
hankook rs-2 are pretty nice but they have a softer sidewall than the rt-615 so when you corner it doesn't feel as good as the rt-615 but they grip pretty well for their price.

so...it depends what you are looking for in a tire. if you are looking for a daily driver to last you a while then i would suggest the falken ziex since they are cheap. or you can get falken rt-615 but might have to spend more money but the grip is there when you want to go for a spirited drive on a canyon or take ur car to autoX / track.

Spyder

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
Kumho 712s sux... my friend burned thru them in 6 months on regular freeway driving
In Kumho's defense our freeways aren't exactly well paved. I had 712's and the only reason why mine only lasted 6 months *on the front only* was bad camber.

dynasty

Reaction score
kapao818 said:
i have falken ziex 512s for my daily driving tires and they are still looking quite good even with my race alignment. they have a soft sidewall which give a nice and comfy ride but grip isn't the best (better than stock tires though) but i got these tires for daily driving and not autoX/track. they grip well enough for freeway on ramps etc. etc. where you aren't pushing 10/10 (you shouldn't anyways). i think they are pretty damn good for their price.
the falken rt-615s are one of the grippiest steet tires out there but if you drive super hard on them (autoX, track) then they will wear out pretty fast. but if you just daily drive on them they will last quite a while actually (like 50k-70k miles depending on your alignment) they have a stiff sidewall which is nice when cornering since it makes the turn in feel more crisp. they are actually the grippiest when they are about the cord. :p
my friend had kumho MX. they lasted quite a while too but not as grippy as the rt-615. they have a medium sidewall stiffiness. not quite soft but not quite stiff as the rt-615
hankook rs-2 are pretty nice but they have a softer sidewall than the rt-615 so when you corner it doesn't feel as good as the rt-615 but they grip pretty well for their price.

so...it depends what you are looking for in a tire. if you are looking for a daily driver to last you a while then i would suggest the falken ziex since they are cheap. or you can get falken rt-615 but might have to spend more money but the grip is there when you want to go for a spirited drive on a canyon or take ur car to autoX / track.

^^ what he said. haha

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Spyder said:
In Kumho's defense our freeways aren't exactly well paved. I had 712's and the only reason why mine only lasted 6 months *on the front only* was bad camber.

this was when i was in indiana where the freeways are smooth as a baby's butt ;)

kapao818

Reaction score
how long tire lasting will depend on a lot of things. like alignment, toe out will kill tires much faster than camber. tire pressure...this will help ensure the whole width of the tire is being used. how hard you push the tires will affected tire life...if you peel out all the time or granny drive it. and of course..treadwear...high number you go...the longer they generally last but they suck at grip.

yea for some reason the 712s doesn't last as long as i thought they would. my friend had them and they didn't last that long.

Last edited:

theskytraveler

Reaction score
Thank you guys so much for the replies I'll check into the Falkens both the 512 and the Rt615s. I'm really a daily driver with some spirited drives every now and then.

Thanx again guys

Peace,

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i think being a fellow Floridian i share your concerns but would also warn you against rain. true, we don't get snow, but we get slippery *** wet roads and rains all the time.

Back