TL-S Sway Bar

Tjohn15

Reaction score
hey guys, planning on buying the 20mm sway bar. I found a list of part numbers...

93402-08016-08 Bolt w/ Washer
52306-SEP-A11 Bushing (20mm)
52308-S3M-A00 Holder
52300-SEP-A11 Spring

A question I do have though is with the stabilizer links. I would assume those should be replaced as well to withstand the stiffness of the new bar? I found this website but it shows them not carrying the stabilizer links (#4).

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/partlo...7555&callout=1&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

I found on another website the part # would be 52340-SDA-A00 for the Right link. Just wondering if its necessary for the system as a whole.
Thanks guys

Tjohn15

Reaction score
well I understand the bolts and washers are not completely necessary but I figure having gone through winter and all, the ones being used now are probably gone to sh!t. Wouldn't the bushings and holder be needed though since its a larger bar?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
#4 is replaced usually with aftermarket MOOG that can be found online or any auto part store.
Its alot beefier than stock.
But is also a good idea to buy them OEM or not due to most likely they need to be cut off due to the free spinning stupid design bolt they have.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
yes because if you start the swap process and cant get them off and destroy the bolt/link you will need new ones..and your car will be almost undrivable until bar is put back in.
But if you are one of the lucky few that come off with no issues than theres no need to order them.

but id say buy them,save the receipt and return if you dont use them

Tjohn15

Reaction score
Sounds good thanks! but so i get this right, there's really no need as far as strength or stability wise to buy them? They're strictly replacements of the old ones

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
No. They are made differently, and should you ever change them out, it is much easier. Emphasis on the 'much'.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I think I am one of like 3 people who was able to get my stock end links off and my car had probably 15k miles when I did mine, plus it is a Cali car, no snow, etc. I just barely got them off. So, they don't need to be replaced to work, but, be prepared to replace them. If I knew what I know now, I probably would have bought a set, hoped my stockers survived, but had some right next to me if they didn't, return them if I got away with my stockers.

Back