Top Gear America.... Win or Fail???

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
They need to cancel this show and setup a contract with the BBC to air the UK versions on TV

it runs on BBCA :coffee:

rutledge is the best on the show :eh:

This.

keep tanner cuz he can actually drive, like jeremy.

but replace fererra and rutlege, both know **** about cars and they can't drive and aren't funny.

You need a James may character who actually knows cars and knows engines.

Rutledge seems to have more knowledge than Tanner when it comes to cars, the way he talked about the buick wagon's ls1 engine was a breath of fresh air.... and **** he even diagnosed and fixed a broken thermostat, on the side of the road, as night was falling, and drove the car to the meeting point. Rutledge knows his stuff, especially when it comes to american cars. The show needs someone like Hammond who is in love with something non-domestic and knows everything about them. Rutledge has been carrying the weight of this show imho and is the only reason I've kept watching it. Foust is a good driver, but they need to do more car reviews than contests if they want to grow their market....

once again though, I know nothing so disregard anything you disagree with.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
it runs on BBCA :coffee:

This.

Rutledge seems to have more knowledge than Tanner when it comes to cars, the way he talked about the buick wagon's ls1 engine was a breath of fresh air.... and **** he even diagnosed and fixed a broken thermostat, on the side of the road, as night was falling, and drove the car to the meeting point. Rutledge knows his stuff, especially when it comes to american cars. The show needs someone like Hammond who is in love with something non-domestic and knows everything about them. Rutledge has been carrying the weight of this show imho and is the only reason I've kept watching it. Foust is a good driver, but they need to do more car reviews than contests if they want to grow their market....

once again though, I know nothing so disregard anything you disagree with.

Any male with a pair of balls between his legs should be able to diagnose a bad thermostat, if that can't happen he needs to give the keys back.

If GM didn't put a 350 in something it was an LSx in something. That was a 50/50 chance. It doesn't surprise me that he called it an LS1 considering all he had to do was open the hood and see it stamped all over the engine like it's some kind of special engine.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Any male with a pair of balls between his legs should be able to diagnose a bad thermostat, if that can't happen he needs to give the keys back.

If GM didn't put a 350 in something it was an LSx in something. That was a 50/50 chance. It doesn't surprise me that he called it an LS1 considering all he had to do was open the hood and see it stamped all over the engine like it's some kind of special engine.

he also talked about the mods that GM did to de-tune it, he knows his ****, more than the guys on the UK top gear do when it comes to fixing cars.....

can't count the number of times someones been stranded and had to get help from some local who knows what they're doing because the host has no idea how to fix a motorized vehicle

the Vietnam special plays heavily on that

F23A1AT

Reaction score
http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-se1-ep-5_2099610.htm @7:00 different/de-tuned heads, Honda did the same thing with our chassis alone, A1, A4,A5. Agreed Rutledge does show his knowledge of cars, and how do hands on stuff, be is just so annoying. I have a co-worker who can tell you the ignition timing on some uncommon engine, but I had to show him where the butterfly valve on his 5.0 was (I know WTF!). Tanner is a great driver, and proves it. Adam Ferrara is hardly funny, and can't drive worth a ****. Just my 0.02

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i missed the last 2 episodes so i'll watch them eventaully. but watching seasons 1, 2 and 3 of top gear UK, you can see that progressively they get better (minus Jason Dawe) with shooting the **** and becoming more relaxed on screen and less scripted. as for the presenters, Rutledge does know some stuff, and he was on SpeedTV before (idk what though) so he must be worth something. Foust can drive and...well, thats it. Ferrara...well Ferrara is Ferrara, not so funny, doesn't know much about cars, but I think its funny because he always seems drunk.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
and the thread returns to page 2 once again :lawl:

the only thing i can recall clarkson actually fixing is the wiring in the porsche 928 (i think)...he did it at night, in a hotel parking lot. hammond and may had to fix the spark plug in clarkson's miata in the most recent episode...

theres 2 camps of people:
-those who compare it side-by-side with the original (and always coming up short)
-those who say it isn't enough like the original (and why it can't be successful)

and then there's the rest of us, who realize it's a spinoff with its own national flavor. its a copy of TGUK for a reason--it didn't become the worlds top car show overnight and has found a recipe for success. so who cares if their challenges arent original? its just like "the office." was the british version good? yes. american version? yes. identical shows? only in the basic storyline.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
In the South America road trip one they get running after a broken differential on Hammond's truck. Or at least, they made it seem as though they fixed it themselves.

Back