Tphong's very slow h22 and 5 spd swap UPDATE 8/7/13

Tphong

Reaction score
Got a JDM h22a with lsd tranny currently in, just got to do the small stuff now to get it running.
Photo0405.jpg
[/IMG]
List of mods in the car
Hondata s300
Hondata Heatshield
Skunk2 Valves
Skunk2 Valve Springs
Skunk2 Retainers
Skunk2 Throttle Body
Innovative Engine Mounts
AEM Fuel Rail
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
RC Injectors(might use stock ones for now)
PSPEC Short Shifter
Ebay Headers
Apexi WS2 Catback Exhaust

Mods owned that will be put into car after it's alive
Skunk2 Pro 1 Camshafts
Skunk2 Pro Camgears

Currently in the process of installing
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Photo-001t.jpg
[/IMG]
Measured how big the IM was and it's at about 13 inches and the room I have to work with is about 12 incehs, so I'm thinking about another 1 and a half inch should be good. Hopefully I won't hit the blower motor. Looks like a tight fit. If this doesn't fall through, Euro-R manifold.

Well thanks for the input guys, but I think I got a Euro-R IM from Rosko Racing coming in the next month when he's done putting the work on it. The euro-R is suppose to be about 1/2 inch smaller than the stock IM, so clearance shouldn't be a problem this time since the stock h22 can fit in there.
Have to cut the brake pedal down to manual size.
Photo-0023.jpg
[/IMG]
A crappy picture of the 5 speed and you can slightly see my Hondata s300 and my other stock ecu's.
Photo-0022.jpg
[/IMG]
My engine with the ebay headers, reason why I went with ebay headers is because I will go turbo in the near future.
Photo-002t.jpg
[/IMG]

It's finally here. after 2 months the Euro-R is here. Courtesy of Rosko Racing.
Photo-0024t.jpg
[/IMG]
Photo-0025t.jpg
[/IMG]
Photo-0027.jpg
[/IMG]

8/10/12
Very small update. Decided to clean up the thread a little bit and put everything on 1 page. All that's left to do is fuel and wiring. Deleted the cruise control. One small problem I'm having is the RDX injectors not fitting into the AEM fuel rail, so have to figure out what to do with that. Also how did the h22 swap guys handle their power steering swap? I've seen on darkside's that he just cut and welded the metal piece any other suggestions rather than that?
Photo-0032.jpg
[/IMG]
Photo-0033.jpg
[/IMG]

8/7/13
Well it was done about half a yr ago just didn't have time to update this old thread but it's done. I'll get some more pics up when I have the chance.
858761_10151535382644740_534041937_o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
944530_10151754840529740_261403524_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Snoobly

Reaction score
Re: Tphong's very slow h22 and 5 spd swap

very nice! pics?
You'll have to let me know how you like the s300 system. I'm currently saving up for one of those of an OBDI swap.

Tphong

Reaction score

Trying to get pics up, but it's not working. I've posted pics before, so I should know how to do it. Don't know what's going on.
**edit** Ahhhh there we go.

Tphong

Reaction score

Since you're a 2002 if you swap out for the s300 your Engine Temperature Gauge won't work anymore. From what I've been reading it's because the 2000-2002 use a sensor that goes to the ecu then to the gauge. 98's and 99's use a direct sensor that skips the ECU.

F23A1AT

Reaction score

On your photobucket viewer there should be four boxes on the right side with different options you want the last one that says IMG. Click it, it should say "copied" then in your post pick the icon that looks like a mountain with a circle, in the box that pops up hit ctrl + v and then hit OK.

Snoobly

Reaction score

Since you're a 2002 if you swap out for the s300 your Engine Temperature Gauge won't work anymore. From what I've been reading it's because the 2000-2002 use a sensor that goes to the ecu then to the gauge. 98's and 99's use a direct sensor that skips the ECU.

Yeah, i've heard that also. Think it'd be hard to just wire it up so it bypasses the ECU and goes straight to the gauge also?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

Correct. I had this issue and decided to just run an aftermarket temp gauge since I liked the piece of mind of an accurate reading.

Tphong

Reaction score

Yeah, i've heard that also. Think it'd be hard to just wire it up so it bypasses the ECU and goes straight to the gauge also?

There is a guy who did that on here. I think he got a gauge cluster from a 98 or 99 and used the ect sensor that did the straight to gauge and just wired it up. I'm also gonna try and do this. So I'll let you know.

Back