jdmcg3

Reaction score
Re: Tphong's very slow h22 and 5 spd swap

super jealous. wish i could be doing my swap right about now

good luck with install of everything

dv8801

Reaction score

Take pics of the wiring for distrubutor. I wanna see how you do it. Subscribed!

Tphong

Reaction score

What size are the RC injectors man? You never specify.
I forgot what size I bought them a long time ago lol. I'll let you know tomorrow. I think they're a little too big for an NA right now.
...also what size is the throttle body? hope its a 70 :poke:

but why not install cams now?

Throttle body is a 70mm and the reason why I'm not installing the cams in now is because I'm impatient and don't want to take it apart and have to redo the timing again. I bought them after the timing and other belts were changed.I bough the cams during skunk2's 50% off promotion so I got them super cheap it was awesome. Goal right now is to get it running. The other mods will come on when the car hits the streets. I wanna feel what a slightly modded h22 can do.

jdmcg3

Reaction score

. I bought them after the timing and other belts were changed.I bough the cams during skunk2's 50% off promotion so I got them super cheap it was awesome. Goal right now is to get it running. The other mods will come on when the car hits the streets. I wanna feel what a slightly modded h22 can do.

when was this? and can i still get in on it? :drool:

Tphong

Reaction score

I did say this was a slow build haha. Well did a lot more measuring and it looks like the Skunk2 IM won't fit even with the extra room from hitting the firewall, this makes me sad. So I guess it's the Euro-R IM now and that should have no problem fitting. Thanks for all the guys who gave me info on the Skunk2 IM. Now my small little problem is that I want to keep my cruise control. Is there a way I can keep it on my Skunk2 TB and since I'm switching to hondata s300 ecu would the cruise control still be operable?

I'll take some update pictures a little later this week.
What size are the RC injectors man? You never specify.
The injectors are 660.

when was this? and can i still get in on it? :drool:
It was last summer. They had specials where the first 15 customers get 50% off and then the next 15 get like 30% off. I was very lucky, sat in front of the computer all day. They still have some deals sometimes. Just got to be on the look out from them.

jdmcg3

Reaction score

I did say this was a slow build haha. Well did a lot more measuring and it looks like the Skunk2 IM won't fit even with the extra room from hitting the firewall, this makes me sad. So I guess it's the Euro-R IM now and that should have no problem fitting. Thanks for all the guys who gave me info on the Skunk2 IM. Now my small little problem is that I want to keep my cruise control. Is there a way I can keep it on my Skunk2 TB and since I'm switching to hondata s300 ecu would the cruise control still be operable?

I'll take some update pictures a little later this week.

The injectors are 660.

It was last summer. They had specials where the first 15 customers get 50% off and then the next 15 get like 30% off. I was very lucky, sat in front of the computer all day. They still have some deals sometimes. Just got to be on the look out from them.

well if you wanna sell the skunk2 mani i got a buddy thats looking for one for his H2B build in his DA. PM me if interested and ill talk with him

but i dont see why there would be a problem with using the skunk2 tb with a s300.

and thats a major over kill on the injectors. tuning should solve most issues but i still feel like your gonna be running really rich. you should look into the JDM Type-S 345cc injectors. those would do you good.

and damn i wish i woulda known about this sale. and you werent lying about this being a slow build if you were buying cams for the swap almost a year ago.

you get those hubs put on yet?

Tphong

Reaction score

well if you wanna sell the skunk2 mani i got a buddy thats looking for one for his H2B build in his DA. PM me if interested and ill talk with him

but i dont see why there would be a problem with using the skunk2 tb with a s300.

and thats a major over kill on the injectors. tuning should solve most issues but i still feel like your gonna be running really rich. you should look into the JDM Type-S 345cc injectors. those would do you good.

and damn i wish i woulda known about this sale. and you werent lying about this being a slow build if you were buying cams for the swap almost a year ago.

you get those hubs put on yet?

I meant using cruise control with the Skunk2 TB since we have a cruise cable that goes to the TB. I don't know if the cruise control is controlled by the ECU.

Yeah 660 are pretty big, so I might go with some RDX injectors or just use stock ones for now. I'm gonna go turbo later down the line so the 660's will come in handy or maybe just sell them.

Yeah hopefully it comes together within this month or next. The hubs have not been put on yet. When I get the car running there is a small list of parts that need to be put on and yeah I'll pm you about that skunk2 IM. I'm tired of looking at it right now lol.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Always fantastic to see people doing their own swaps.

Hopefully not too many hiccups in the process for you.

Definately keep us updated.

Back