transmission code

hardcor3

Reaction score
So I picked up a 2002 v6 coupe automatic.

The previous owner said the trans needs replaced and that it was throwing a code "p0870". Which after some searching is "transmission fluid pressure sensor/switch "c" circuit".

I dunno much about these trans. Is this an easy part to replace? Hoping I can get an easy fix sine I grabbed it really cheap.

hardcor3

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you. That'll help alot. I'm picking the car up from my buddies house Tuesday so I will check it out than.

hardcor3

Reaction score
So I unplugged the sensor and nothing seemed to change. Does that seem right, like that means that's the bad sensor?

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Cool. Same code, right? No new ones?

That means we found the right thing! Yay!

But, idk what it does. You could check the wires...

I'd try one, never ran it to this, prolly usually a good part, so you can try used.

So, ya got one, put it on, clear codes, THEN start it.

Check Codes!!

None-YAY!!
Back? That'd be a wiring thing...dang...

hardcor3

Reaction score
Well now I'm confused because u said 14 and 15 where labeled wrong but when I go ogled the part numbers. The diagram is actually labled correctly. So I gotta do a little more research and than I'll buy the part.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
the parts diagram doesn't match their list, call them, if you want too.

hardcor3

Reaction score
If you Google 28810-P7Z-004 #15 it's identical to the one I unplugged that's labled 15 in the diagram. Either way I'll just buy #14 & #15 and swap Em in and out until they work and take the other back lol

xci.ed6

Reaction score
28810-P7Z-004 015 002 PICK-UP ASSY.

Only reason I said that. There's nothing 'wrong' with replacing what you don't 'need' to, just wasted money.

hardcor3

Reaction score
so today i got a better chance to look at it. i checked the fluid. it wasnt on the dipstick so i filled her up. took about a qt and a half. i drove it to parts store to have codes pulled. while driving, itll shift really hard some gears itll shift out of gear rev up than grab the next gear. if i go really slow and easy i can get it to shift smoothly.

when at the parts store they pulled the codes. got a p1750 and the p0780

Also the D4 on the gauge cluster will flash

Back