Transmission problem.

Estevezgio

Reaction score
Sup guys, i hope someone can help a noob like me with this one.

car: Honda accord 98 v6 auto coupe
Mods: none wats so ever (stock)

Problem: D4 light blinking on dashboard. transmission keeps slipping on d4 when im about 15mph, but then catches and drives good. when i stop i go throu the same shyt all the time, so now im shifting gears manually with my auto so that it doesnt keep slippin. can someone please help.???

Check engine light: its on and its because i need a sensor thats by the cat. does that have to interfear with my transmission problem?? i also put oil in the transmission bc it barely had any. (transmission oil) and nuthing yet!

please tell me its that sensor that i have to replace or its the whole transmission????

and guys yes ive done research, i just need some more info from you guys , i dont wanna get cheated out here in NYC i just want the parts so my car can keep on running.

honest reply would b very appreciated! thanks

Estevezgio

Reaction score
So i was told i have to change the oil pan cause i am leaking like 3 drips when i leave it on parking. so what ima change is the pan the filter inside and also the torque oil. what ya think?

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
I havent had to do this on mine but it dont sound to difficult. Do you have the book for your car? If you gots 1 id follow the steps and replace everything they tell you too. As far as your tranny issues id start lookin for parts to swap to a manual. Just my ¢.02

Estevezgio

Reaction score
im not gonna swap it bc i live in NYC, my last car was manual, just tired of it.... ill do it tomorow im at work as we speak but ill let ya know of the outcome..

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I havent had to do this on mine but it dont sound to difficult. Do you have the book for your car? If you gots 1 id follow the steps and replace everything they tell you too. As far as your tranny issues id start lookin for parts to swap to a manual. Just my ¢.02
You don't need to swap. Your problem sounds fairly minor at this point in time and should be fixable. What it, I'm not sure. But I've heard alot of stories, this being the least extreme, and many times there are remedies.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
O2 sensor is what is triggering your CEL, and is unrelated to your transmission issues.

Shifting through the gears “manually” is a bad idea. What gear is the transmission slipping in/into?

Drain and refill your transmission with Honda ATF with the correct amount of fluid. Hopefully driving the car w/o enough transmission fluid in it didn’t ruin anything.

Some people have had to only tighten plugs that had come loose on top of the tranny, check your plug connections. Others have only had to change a solenoid or two depending on what gear was slipping, and they saw significant improvement. Try searching the site and see if any of those scenarios applies to you.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
^ this. Also, welcome to the club. Get a rebuilt trans asap with updated pressure valves abd external cooling. You are eventually going to have to replace it. :(

Estevezgio

Reaction score
yea i took it to the mechanic, and the bad news was that he said it smells like burned pads, my transmission is gone, now I'm trying to get a rebuilt but can't find not one efin good price, I'm looking at 1300 was the lowest so far.. and for a used one I've found 400 the least but i saw this online, so idk if i should buy the one online or just get it rebuilt. its been slipping on 4th and 3rd now. if anyone knows someone who is letting one go lmk v6 transmission. i was also told that the acura cl trany works for it but for what year? thanks for the reply guys i appreciate it.

Last edited:

frantz954

Reaction score
yea i took it to the mechanic, and the bad news was that he said it smells like burned pads, my transmission is gone, now I'm trying to get a rebuilt but can't find not one efin good price, I'm looking at 1300 was the lowest so far.. and for a used one I've found 400 the least but i saw this online, so idk if i should buy the one online or just get it rebuilt. its been slipping on 4th and 3rd now. if anyone knows someone who is letting one go lmk v6 transmission. i was also told that the acura cl trany works for it but for what year? thanks for the reply guys i appreciate it.

the older cl has with the 2.2 or 2.3 trans will work. ebay sometimes has deals with warranties.

Last edited:

frantz954

Reaction score

the older cl has with the 2.2 or 2.3 motor, trans will work. ebay sometimes has deals with warranties.

Back