Transmission problem.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
So your car is v6? If you wanted to do the CL-s swap to manual, you'd better rethink wanting to spend 1,300$. i was in the exact same boat you are in, a week ago. These transmissions are notorious for failing. The torque converter gets too hot and the clutch pads start to slip over time. Have you pulled a P0740 code yet? If you have, your for sure going to need a transmission and soon. I just hot mine replaced and it costed me $2900. Once they are in there poking around they might find some other things wrong and need to replace them. I hope you can afford to get a rebuilt transmission.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Did you get it all figured out, OP?

$1300 for a rebuild? That's damn cheap. My rebuild which included updated pressure valves and a radiator by-passed trans cooler was $2900 with a 6 month 6,000 mile warranty. They had to replace the engine mounts as well as the passenger side axle which is why it was an extra $500. Without the mounts it was totaled to $2200.

sarmientor

Reaction score
Did you get it all figured out, OP?

$1300 for a rebuild? That's damn cheap. My rebuild which included updated pressure valves and a radiator by-passed trans cooler was $2900 with a 6 month 6,000 mile warranty. They had to replace the engine mounts as well as the passenger side axle which is why it was an extra $500. Without the mounts it was totaled to $2200.

Sounds like they took for a ride normally to rebuild is no more than 1500 70% of that being labor cost and an engine mount is no more than $60 and fairly easy to replace

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
They replaced the hudraulic mount plus the other two. The hydraulic mount was a Honda mount which is roughy $200 bucks already. I agree that it was a bit on the expensive side. I am very happy with what all work they did and I think $2900 for everything they replcaed plus the updates and warranty isn't "that" bad.

JetLife

Reaction score
damn dude i'd take take that deal, in a heart beat!! got mine rebuilt for 4K

Back