trunk lid tailight help

whitederic

Reaction score
f0f0898f4d97e4503bc062f0eed616d7.jpg

Yes all one harness coming down on the left side (drivers side)

kevirl

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, really helpful!

Does your inner one on the right even come on when the headlights are on?

No its not coming on at all, not sure it ever worked. Got the car recently and never checked cruise control worked and I'm thinking this brake light problem is why it wont engage.

Does the brake lamp light in the dash illuminate? On our USDM coupes, it does if one of the inner lights are out. I'm interested to know if yours is because that would indeed make me suspect a problem and not just a difference in the versions of the car.

Yes theres a brake lamp light warning indicator on in the dash that supposed to go out with igniton on when you press brake pedal correct? That is staying on, but goes out when engines running.

Last edited:

kevirl

Reaction score
as in the bulb contacts, two.
4613539601_b1.jpg

would that mean its a tailight instead

james'99

Reaction score
as in the bulb contacts, two.
4613539601_b1.jpg

would that mean its a tailight instead

Yup! That's correct. So your car is supposed to be like that. Possible rear fog? It would have two filaments if it were a brake light as well.

Got a multimeter? Check continuity across the bulb. Good?

Do you have a pic of the headlight switch and your switches to the left of the steering wheel?

Yes theres a brake lamp light warning indicator on in the dash that supposed to go out with igniton on when you press brake pedal correct? That is staying on, but goes out when engines running.

This also tells us that you're good. As long as it is off with engine running and after pressing the brake pedal once, all brake lights are in working order.

Last edited:

kevirl

Reaction score
Yes guys your right. Its working - its a Rear fog - turned on with button on the dash like the one for the cruise. I should have looked closer. I think I wanted to believe it was a brake light gone to have a simple fix for cruise not engaging lol. I know there's a few threads on cruise problems so I'll check those out

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
Yes guys your right. Its working - its a Rear fog. I should have looked closer. I think I wanted to believe it was a brake light gone to have a simple fix for cruise not engaging lol. I know there's a few threads on cruise problems so I'll check those out

So what is the switch for that then? Just interested to know how Honda did that. Also, report back if you can't get your cruise issues worked out. They are often very simple.

Back