Turboaccord98's Turbo Build(Done! 8/28/11)

turboaccord98

Reaction score
Re: Turboaccord98's Turbo Build(update 1/21/11)

Nope just ARP headstuds. I'm not at your level yet:bowdown:. I'm sure I'll be content with the power I'll be making for a while. Plus I'll have more power than traction so the LSD will probably come before the built motor.

Erik123456789

Reaction score

Ive never heard that before. Removing the head shouldn't even bother the motor. I would rather put on a fresh headgasket anyway if I was planning on boosting the car. It would suck to get the car running just to have the headgasket pop and have to do it all over again anyway. IMO

Well just think of it this way.. have you ever tried taking off the crank pulley bolt off a 150k mile engine for the first time? They put up a fight compared to lets say.. one you just tightened a couple weeks before. Things just tend to stick and seal better after thousands of miles.. That's all Im trying to say haha.

Erik123456789

Reaction score

Nope just ARP headstuds. I'm not at your level yet:bowdown:. I'm sure I'll be content with the power I'll be making for a while. Plus I'll have more power than traction so the LSD will probably come before the built motor.

Well either way man, I think it will be pretty bad ***.. your most likely gonna have traction at 10psi though so don't worry about it too much. I had an h22 tranny on mine and the wheels broke loose 1st and 2nd but traction was still controllable from a roll. Iunno if your gonna be launching with it tho.. lsd is nice by the way.. it will get rid of all that nasty torque steer ull feel haha.

turboaccord98

Reaction score

I'm more concerned about cornering traction. I do a lot of back road driving where I'll be boosting out of corners and stuff. The traction while going strait shouldn't be to much of an issue. Either way though the LSD will help with both.

akoutmos

Reaction score

What LSD you gonna go with? I'm torn between the quaife and the wavetrac. Thinking i'm gonna go with the wavetrac for next autocross season.

Erik123456789

Reaction score

well then its definitely a great upgrade man, lsd is great :wub:

turboaccord98

Reaction score

What LSD you gonna go with?

Probably between MFactory and Wavetrac not sure yet but I have plenty of time to decide. I most likely won't be doing the LSD until I need a new clutch though.

sanchdaniel

Reaction score
Re: Turboaccord98's Turbo Build(update 2/3/11)

cant wait to see your progress, I'll be taking notes.

Back