Turbocharging questions and double checking info

Jevik

Reaction score
I was under the impression closer gears were for NA, and you wanted longer gears for boost because of spool time. That said I would most likely keep existing trans. If closer gears are ideal then that would be considered a future mod.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I mean with a T25 closer gearing would be beneficial. Since its going to spool quick and lose power after that...

Click here!

That ^ article will guide you along. If you have any more specific questions I or someone else will be able to assist.

Snoobly

Reaction score
t25 is TINY!
do a little searching here on this forum specifically and you'll be surprised what pops up. Russianred, myself, and several others can help ya out.
my first piece of advice before turboing is check your compression. Mine was great until my recent 14 hour roadtrip of straight driving. at 195k, my piston rings have kinda pooped. With 185k you can probably expect the same to happen to you after several thousand miles.
I personally run a 57 trim with a p28 OBD1 swap. 270 torque to the wheels. It's lots of fun. stick with longer gears for a turbo cause it's more spool time. although, if you're going with a t25, short gears might be a better option.
Most people here will tell you to avoid the piggyback systems and either go straight to AEM and fork out the cash, or go the custom route and swap to OBD1 (as long as you don't have emission testing in your area).
You will need larger injectors for sure and as long as you're at it, you might as well throw down the extra 100 dollars and get a 255LPH Walbero Fuel pump.

Jevik

Reaction score
Hmm, t3/t4 hybrid on a low mileage f23 is what its looking like.

turboaccord98

Reaction score
If your on a tight budget look into precision's entry level turbos. You can get a T3 for around $650. I would definitely not go with the T25. Been there done that. There's nothing like spending a bunch of time and money on a turbo setup and still being slow. It sucks.

Back