Turtle Wax Liquid Ice

Reaction score
ive used turtle ice paste for a month now and never rewaxed it, it stayed shinny still today. the key here is to put some water on the pad then wax it.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
I haven't waxed my car once, so I need some help. I'm looking into the Meguiar products, and I see that there's a Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner, and there's a NXT Spray. I believe that the spray may be the easiest for me to do since I'm a noob at this, what do you think? Is the paste better? Meguiar also has liquid waxes but that'll probably ruin my whole garage. So it's either spray or paste. Anyone have a DIY for waxing?

Also for the Gold Class, do you just throw that on the car like it's water? After waxing or before?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I haven't waxed my car once, so I need some help. I'm looking into the Meguiar products, and I see that there's a Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner, and there's a NXT Spray. I believe that the spray may be the easiest for me to do since I'm a noob at this, what do you think? Is the paste better? Meguiar also has liquid waxes but that'll probably ruin my whole garage. So it's either spray or paste. Anyone have a DIY for waxing?

Also for the Gold Class, do you just throw that on the car like it's water? After waxing or before?

If you just starting, I would recommend picking up a Meguires Clay Bar, and the Gold Class Liquid or paste Wax.

The clay bar comes with quick detailer. So clay bar first, then wax. After that you could use a sealant but you don't have to.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
How do I use a clay bar lol? Is it like a bar of soap? You just scrub it on the car (while it's wet I"m assuming) and wash it off with water? Sorry I'm a n00b at this. Do you think starting with just a spray wax (no water needed) is better for me?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
How do I use a clay bar lol? Is it like a bar of soap? You just scrub it on the car (while it's wet I"m assuming) and wash it off with water? Sorry I'm a n00b at this. Do you think starting with just a spray wax (no water needed) is better for me?

Pretty much. You need to wash and dry the car first, then you use the quick detailer as the lubricant :bukkake: and you rub the clay bar on the car, then you wipe behind where you rubbed with a microfiber cloth (also comes with the claybar kit). It's pretty easy, just follow the directions on the box. :thumbsup:

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Okay how's this:

1) http://www.meguiars.com/?car-maintenance/Quik-Detailer
2) http://www.meguiars.com/?auto-detailing-clay/Smooth-Surface-Clay-Kit

So this is how it is. I go get a car wash, bring it back to my garage, and let it dry. Then, I'll use link #1 by spraying it all over my car, but DON'T let it dry, since it's a lubricant for the clay bar.

Then, I take out the clay bar as shown in link #2, and wipe it all over the car while it's still wet from the detailer from link #1. Do I have to finish the entire bar?

Last, I wipe everywhere I rubbed the clay bar with a microfiber cloth that comes with link #2 (clay bar kit) and it'll make my car waxed, dry, and ready to go.

Is this right? Do I have to use the entire clay bar? And how much of the detailer do I need to put on my car before using the clay bar?

Thanks.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Just uses the Ice Liquid Wax. Extremely easy, and I'm lovin' the shine. Now to see how long it lasts...

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
Okay how's this:

1) http://www.meguiars.com/?car-maintenance/Quik-Detailer
2) http://www.meguiars.com/?auto-detailing-clay/Smooth-Surface-Clay-Kit

So this is how it is. I go get a car wash, bring it back to my garage, and let it dry. Then, I'll use link #1 by spraying it all over my car, but DON'T let it dry, since it's a lubricant for the clay bar.

Then, I take out the clay bar as shown in link #2, and wipe it all over the car while it's still wet from the detailer from link #1. Do I have to finish the entire bar?

Last, I wipe everywhere I rubbed the clay bar with a microfiber cloth that comes with link #2 (clay bar kit) and it'll make my car waxed, dry, and ready to go.

Is this right? Do I have to use the entire clay bar? And how much of the detailer do I need to put on my car before using the clay bar?

Thanks.

:bash:
waste of money :darryl:

if you going to use the detailer, spray small section at a time
break the clay bar in halves, because you might/will drop it on the ground

as for lube, just use car wash soap n water

maybe you should use the liquid clay from turtle :thinking:

Back