Uh-oh ; 56k = no-no

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So last night as I'm on my way to my g/f's house on the highway this 4dr VR6 Jetta (5spd) w/ two guys in it passes me in the far left lane and give me "the look". They get a little farther ahead and proceed to hit the brakes and slow down almost neck to neck w/ me. He takes off almost immediately, no honks, nothing. I put my hands up like "oh no!" and proceed to point and laugh. He slows down again and this time I punch it w/ him.

Long story short, we get hung up in traffic for the most part and never by side, maybe 100mph max, but I was at most a car length behind him for safety reasons aka - braking distance. Typical 3 mile FnF race.

angelplus

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
So last night as I'm on my way to my g/f's house on the highway this 4dr VR6 Jetta (5spd) w/ two guys in it passes me in the far left lane and give me "the look". They get a little farther ahead and proceed to hit the brakes and slow down almost neck to neck w/ me. He takes off almost immediately, no honks, nothing. I put my hands up like "oh no!" and proceed to point and laugh. He slows down again and this time I punch it w/ him.

Long story short, we get hung up in traffic for the most part and never by side, maybe 100mph max, but I was at most a car length behind him for safety reasons aka - braking distance. Typical 3 mile FnF race.

lol, seriously dude come down to canton tonight i wanna see this.

and, we're going to akron horsepower this saturday for dyno day so you better be there ;)

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
angelplus said:
lol, seriously dude come down to canton tonight i wanna see this.

and, we're going to akron horsepower this saturday for dyno day so you better be there ;)

Working out tonight, movie Friday.

DEFINATELY CALL ME ON SATURDAY WHEN YOU GO! Even if I just got a couple base pulls w/ no tuning that'd be cool.

angelplus

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Working out tonight, movie Friday.

DEFINATELY CALL ME ON SATURDAY WHEN YOU GO! Even if I just got a couple base pulls w/ no tuning that'd be cool.

alright its 15 bucks for two pulls... not bad i must say. but i think its on a mustang dyno or something like that, and the hp will be different... apparently theres suppose to be some ****ing nice cars... including TWO 1000hp supras... (no not my dads) lol also gather vince, ian and everone else and what have ya, it'd be fun.

I'm loading up on nitrous friday or sat then we're heading up.

I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR RIGGGG!!!

TDotCord

Reaction score
snap...two pulls for 15 buck?? crap I wish I was in Akron at the moment. Man if you hung with a VR6, that's pretty impressive. They either put out 172. 174, or 201 hp at the crank, depending on the year.

Can't wait to see the actual numbers!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So it wasn't two pulls for $15, it was two pulls for $35, $10 extra for A/F. Mustang Dyno, other than Angelplus (Drew) who left early, I was the only FWD car on the dyno. Got lots of stares and I'm sure a few laughs - what'd ya expect from mustang owners?

Any who - 1st run 112HP/118lbft - 2nd run 113hp/121lbft - Untuned of course, and auto. I'll post up the graph later. I'll also go back at some point and have the one guy that tunes honda's there tune it for me. Oh, and it is definately running rich :D

The guy that drove it on the dyno said it was pretty nice, surprised him a little bit.

skabone

Reaction score
so how noticable are the gains. is it worth the price so far? you don't have to run premium now do you?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
skabone said:
so how noticable are the gains. is it worth the price so far? you don't have to run premium now do you?

Pretty noticeable I think, worth it to me. No I don't have to run premium, 87 all the way and 400mi/tank!

skabone

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Pretty noticeable I think, worth it to me. No I don't have to run premium, 87 all the way and 400mi/tank!
how much did all of it set you back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back