uhh crap. bad?

Snoobly

Reaction score
hey guys,
just attempted to install my front lip. the process went great except i had to try to stretch it a little. when i stretched it i accidently broke a piece where it connects to the wheel well. its on the car and seems secure right now, but i live in iowa where winter can be harsh. i was wondering if the urethane material will hold up until next spring when i take it back off to paint it.
here's a pic.
any imput it greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
broke.jpg

imaricer:)

Reaction score
you should be good. i would try to take that off and bondo it or something before your weather gets bad.

Snoobly

Reaction score
you should be good. i would try to take that off and bondo it or something before your weather gets bad.

wont the bondo break when i have to stretch it again to put it back on though?

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Plastic weld... or some sort of epoxy will work. that rip will probably get bigger if it's currently exerting force on it.

try to mount the lip lower, as the bumper gets smaller towards the bottom.

Snoobly

Reaction score
Plastic weld... or some sort of epoxy will work. that rip will probably get bigger if it's currently exerting force on it.

try to mount the lip lower, as the bumper gets smaller towards the bottom.

i believe thats the lowest i can go. would bondo be considered an epoxy? lol, hope thats not too stupid of a question :)

truWarier02

Reaction score
Mine is purposely cut a bit on the same place so it didn't cause it to stretch forcefully when I installed it.

You should be a-okay.

Snoobly

Reaction score
Mine is purposely cut a bit on the same place so it didn't cause it to stretch forcefully when I installed it.

You should be a-okay.

How does that look?? Do you think you could snap a picture and post it up when you get the chance. I would like to see what you mean.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I say take it off and repair it, the screws and mismatch paint with crack make it look kinda ghetto rigged

swollen_cu

Reaction score
what lip is it and what it is made of? ABS or Poly? Sucks that the lip broke like that... I've never seen that happen before.

Back