uhh crap. bad?

JEER42

Reaction score
Don't use Bondo. Use ridgid epoxy. It's like JB Weld for plastic. You can get it at a local auto body supply store. Epoxo is the brand name. I am sure you will need it again some day.

Snoobly

Reaction score
Don't use Bondo. Use ridgid epoxy. It's like JB Weld for plastic. You can get it at a local auto body supply store. Epoxo is the brand name. I am sure you will need it again some day.
alright ill see if i can find the stuff. im just worried that if i fix it ill just rip it again when i go to put it back on.

what lip is it and what it is made of? ABS or Poly? Sucks that the lip broke like that... I've never seen that happen before.

its urethane. its a super bendy plastic. i was stupidly putting too much force on it and it ripped.

JEER42

Reaction score
Epoxo also has a flexible epoxy that is commonly used to repair bumper covers.

Snoobly

Reaction score
Epoxo also has a flexible epoxy that is commonly used to repair bumper covers.

would i find it at o reily's or advanced autoparts? or am i going to have to go to a specialty shop?

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
you should be good. i would try to take that off and bondo it or something before your weather gets bad.
bad idea anything over an 1/8 in bondo = bad in my book
as well as bondo on plastic i wldnt trust it on rigid plasic
Plastic weld... or some sort of epoxy will work. that rip will probably get bigger if it's currently exerting force on it.

try to mount the lip lower, as the bumper gets smaller towards the bottom.
plastic weld is the only way to go
i believe thats the lowest i can go. would bondo be considered an epoxy? lol, hope thats not too stupid of a question :)
no stupid questons, only stupid questons are tha ones that arnt asked
would i find it at o reily's or advanced autoparts? or am i going to have to go to a specialty shop?

find a ppg or a dupont or a (auto)sherman williams in ur local area and yes sherman williams has auto paint/materials as well. u can ask them wat ud need get a print out of materials and go on ebay/web ha ha

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
Just spray with some black silicone..
^for temp use i guess
otherwise, bad idea

if u wanna make it flat, look good, or paint it dont silicone it,
and if u decide to color match it or paint it, make sure to remove all of it,
then clean with wax and grease remover to remove surface oils

silicone and paint dnt get along at all, silicone creates fisheye effect in paint, auto-painters hate silicone, complete nightmare with bc/cc, even the waterbase paint that will b taking over soon dnt like silicone, ask a cali painter

Snoobly

Reaction score
^for temp use i guess
otherwise, bad idea

if u wanna make it flat, look good, or paint it dont silicone it,
and if u decide to color match it or paint it, make sure to remove all of it,
then clean with wax and grease remover to remove surface oils

silicone and paint dnt get along at all, silicone creates fisheye effect in paint, auto-painters hate silicone, complete nightmare with bc/cc, even the waterbase paint that will b taking over soon dnt like silicone, ask a cali painter

Just spray with some black silicone..

Yeahhhhh definitely not using silicone. I'd rather try to fix it right the first time. Thanks though!

JEER42

Reaction score

I've never seen it at an auto parts store. Get the small one, it should be enough for what you need. It's about $12 at the auto paint store.

greekpizza

Reaction score
id go with tek rice and plastic weld it. just get a blowtorch heat up a flat head screw driver and melt a ziptie into the crack. ive done this many times and have had great success.

Back