Unoffcial 5Spd swap list

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I'm no pro but I'm guessing that's why you have to splice the wire in... Because they aren't the same....

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i don't think you can given the differences between a vss and what the autos use

SuperMidget

Reaction score
Hey guys, so it's been a WHILE since I first posted and gathering info, but I'm finally gonna do it. I have almost everything, and planning on doing it with my auto ECU .. for now... Just waiting on cash for a clutch kit and fly!

Got REAL lucky and found a 6th gen in the wreckers (two days old), swiped EVERYTHING needed, (using a h22 man 5 speed, 100$ from a diff guy) put the ECU in my nice back pack bag so I wouldn't have to pay for it and some PUNK KIDS stole the bag with the ECU inside... ARRRRG!

Keep you posted.. I might be needin some help

SuperMidget

Reaction score
Found this:
(Where "PRELUDE" refers to a full h22a with 5 speed swap in a 6th gen )

You will need to rewire the car to use the prelude vss, just splice the prelude vss harness onto the accord harness and plug it up to the prelude vss. Then tap the output wire from the ecu to the tach into the input wire that goes into the ecu. This allows your speedometer to work properly.

Geewiz

Reaction score
Hey guys, so it's been a WHILE since I first posted and gathering info, but I'm finally gonna do it. I have almost everything, and planning on doing it with my auto ECU .. for now... Just waiting on cash for a clutch kit and fly!

Got REAL lucky and found a 6th gen in the wreckers (two days old), swiped EVERYTHING needed, (using a h22 man 5 speed, 100$ from a diff guy) put the ECU in my nice back pack bag so I wouldn't have to pay for it and some PUNK KIDS stole the bag with the ECU inside... ARRRRG!

Keep you posted.. I might be needin some help

So got robbed while trying to rob? I don't believe the world is fair/karma ****, but there's full circle right there.

Back