Urgent needs thread/section

J30MAN

Reaction score
Not quite. I was thinking of it as a subforum where new threads would be people's urgent requests for answers. If it was a shoutbox, I think it would be less direct and confusing. But really it would be executed however the mods think it would work best.

That makes more sense, i was just trying to get your idea straight. I hope they go through with this.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Yea I gotcha.

I feel the good far outweights any bad. It can only help, there are so many circumstances where someone would need a quick answer and/or feedback for their issue.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i think its a great idea but it will need to be closely watched for abuse or bs posts

but it would be nice to have should something unexpected happen while you're in the middle of working on your car, etc

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
I like the idea, not sure how to implement it to keep every noob from posting there though

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Maybe it could be hidden from brand new members, something like what you did with the ROTM Committee thread (just not permanently hidden). Then when someone has been a member for 2 months or if they have a certain number of posts, it would then be visible for them to access it. I like to think the integrity of 6GA as a whole would enable this concept to work. Depending on what the limitations are as to how this site is set up, this could be a deterrent for people to abuse the thread/section.

In addition, I am thinking perhaps some guidelines could be set in the OP (or a sticky if it's a subforum) that would clearly outline the purpose. Kind of like the large bold text in every OP of the Product Review threads, and even a few examples could be given to give people a clear idea as to whether or not their circumstances warrant posting. And if you saw fit, there could be a statement informing people that in order for this to serve its purpose the rules must be followed, and there are consequences if they aren't. Not sure if that's viable to you, lol.

Really though, I like to think none of that is necessary and the integrity that is typically found in the members of 6GA would enable this to work and serve a great purpose. But I know that's easier said than done.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
i agree....

like if someone wants to commit suicide... its urgent and they need help asap... if not it'll be too late... :lolhitting:

but it is a great idea... to have that thread

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Whocares what new people post in there, as long as its in an urgent thread, i have a choice to browse through there or not.

Back