USDM Accord Type R "ode to ATR" 56K warning

Which Engine would you choose given unlimited funds?

• Total voters

DaveNole

Reaction score
I'm assuming this is a joke. Simply because that looks like a 4 door accord with a coupe bumper. Type r stickers don't make a type r. If I put buggati stickers on my accord it isn't a "Bugatti Inspired" accord. You have a heap of work to do if you wish to create a JDM replica.

Shadow1

Reaction score
Ok. Ill put this kindly since a few havent.

You want it inspired by the "Type R" brand, you need to make it look that way. Not throw things together.

The interior
-take off the Type R badges
-redo the doors PROPERLY. Dont just settle for the fabric not sitting properly.
-take out the seat covers. Thats auto zone crap and looks horrible. Especially when it just looks like it was thrown on
-get some actual racing seats. Or even some replicas. But not seat covers.
-if your going to paint interior parts black, use flat black and a flat clear coat. Using satin or gloss will just make it look like crap.

Exterior
-once again. Type R badges.
-nice job on the wheels. Actually look ok. But make sure you're using the OEM center caps and paint the H red. Then itll look ok.
-get a nice lip/lip kit

Engine
-get rid of the red stuff. The only thing that should be painted red(and wrinkle red at that. Not gloss or satin red) is the valve cover.
-swap in an H22/23 or a F20b blue top.

The Type Rs and other Sport models of the Honda/Acura name is known for balance. Performance/looks/handling. But being clean all around. Its good that you want the theme but do it right.

LeAccord

Reaction score
Please, for all of our sakes, pride, dignity and respect for yourself, address the interior.. Make it your priority. I agree with everything Shadow1 said. Why get 'type r' seat covers when you can actually get the Recaro seats from a genuine Type R accord for not that much money?

I apologise for being harsh but ...

I'm sorry but your interior just makes me facepalm.
I would insert a facepalm picture here but i'm pretty sure everyone has a palm to their face already.

Back